Here’s a first look at Iceberg Slim: Portrait of a Pimp, the documentary which makes its World Premiere at the Toronto Film Festival on Saturday, September 8. It’ll be a big night to dress up, because the film will be followed by an after party that will feature a live concert by Ice-T, who produced the film with director Jorge Hinojosa. The film examines the tumultuous life of legendary Chicago pimp Iceberg Slim (1918-1992) and how he reinvented himself from pimp to author of seven groundbreaking books that birthed Street Lit and explored the world of the ghetto in gritty and poetic detail. The books made him a cultural icon. UTA is selling domestic rights on the docu.
Hot Toronto Trailer: 'Iceberg Slim'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- The Orchard Acquires Sundance Pic ‘Digging For Fire’
- UPDATE: Pete Berg In Talks To Replace JC Chandor On ‘Deepwater Horizon’
- Crowd Funding Effort Aims To Restore Debut Of ‘Meek’s Cutoff’ Helmer Kelly Reichardt
- New Line Sets ‘How To Be Single’ Cast
- Woody Allen’s Latest Movie Gets A Title And Sony Classics Deal
- Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Pre-Buys Rights To Chloe Moretz-Ansel Elgort-Starrer ‘November Criminals’