Here’s a first look at Iceberg Slim: Portrait of a Pimp, the documentary which makes its World Premiere at the Toronto Film Festival on Saturday, September 8. It’ll be a big night to dress up, because the film will be followed by an after party that will feature a live concert by Ice-T, who produced the film with director Jorge Hinojosa. The film examines the tumultuous life of legendary Chicago pimp Iceberg Slim (1918-1992) and how he reinvented himself from pimp to author of seven groundbreaking books that birthed Street Lit and explored the world of the ghetto in gritty and poetic detail. The books made him a cultural icon. UTA is selling domestic rights on the docu.
Hot Toronto Trailer: 'Iceberg Slim'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: “Long Time Coming”
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance