Here’s a first look at Iceberg Slim: Portrait of a Pimp, the documentary which makes its World Premiere at the Toronto Film Festival on Saturday, September 8. It’ll be a big night to dress up, because the film will be followed by an after party that will feature a live concert by Ice-T, who produced the film with director Jorge Hinojosa. The film examines the tumultuous life of legendary Chicago pimp Iceberg Slim (1918-1992) and how he reinvented himself from pimp to author of seven groundbreaking books that birthed Street Lit and explored the world of the ghetto in gritty and poetic detail. The books made him a cultural icon. UTA is selling domestic rights on the docu.
Hot Toronto Trailer: 'Iceberg Slim'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- How Warner Bros And Andrew Lazar Won War Photog Book Scrum
- Steve Martin To Take ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ With Ang Lee
- Fox Buys ‘Foxcatcher’ Co-Writer Dan Futterman Spec ‘A Shot In The Eye'; Matt Reeves Producing
- Skydance Gets Its Own Marketing Maven: Anne Globe Hired As CMO
- Tribeca Film Festival Firms World Narrative, Docus And Viewpoint Titles
- Netflix Outbidding Movie Buyers? Near Whopping Deal For ‘Beasts Of No Nation’