Here’s a first look at Iceberg Slim: Portrait of a Pimp, the documentary which makes its World Premiere at the Toronto Film Festival on Saturday, September 8. It’ll be a big night to dress up, because the film will be followed by an after party that will feature a live concert by Ice-T, who produced the film with director Jorge Hinojosa. The film examines the tumultuous life of legendary Chicago pimp Iceberg Slim (1918-1992) and how he reinvented himself from pimp to author of seven groundbreaking books that birthed Street Lit and explored the world of the ghetto in gritty and poetic detail. The books made him a cultural icon. UTA is selling domestic rights on the docu.
Hot Toronto Trailer: 'Iceberg Slim'
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Fleming Jr
- Chris Pratt Circles 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
- EuropaCorp Seeing Red; Bolsters Film Slate, Ups Lisa Ellzey To Film Prexy
- 'Doctor Who's Matt Smith In 'Patient Zero'
- Penelope Cruz Catwalks To 'Zoolander 2;' Will 'Dumber To' Empower Silly Sequels?
- Benedict Cumberbatch Time's Cover Boy
- Paul Greengrass Eyes George Orwell's '1984'; 'Finding Neverland's James Graham To Write Script