AMC has launched a “Hey Dish, Where’s My AMC?” viral video contest for the satcaster’s subscribers (non-subscribers can enter too) who are unhappy that Dish dropped all AMC Networks channels at midnight June 30 in a prolonged carriage fee dispute. The contest follows last week’s zombie invasion of Manhattan to protest the MIA The Walking Dead from Dish. The ensuing Zombie Experiment NYC video has notched upward of 5 million views on YouTube since it was posted July 30. Other affected shows are Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Hell on Wheels. To enter the contest, fans are encouraged to submit a 30-90 second video “of how you would react if you were a Dish subscriber who lost AMC”. Other affected networks include IFC and We. AMC’s Choice winner will receive $4K cash and a Canon 7D camera plus an opportunity to discuss their work with an AMC production exec. People’s Choice (the one with the most votes) winner will receive $1K cash. Both will receive AMC social media exposure.
“Hey Dish, Where's My AMC” Video Contest Launched
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Charles Manson Novel 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance