AMC has launched a “Hey Dish, Where’s My AMC?” viral video contest for the satcaster’s subscribers (non-subscribers can enter too) who are unhappy that Dish dropped all AMC Networks channels at midnight June 30 in a prolonged carriage fee dispute. The contest follows last week’s zombie invasion of Manhattan to protest the MIA The Walking Dead from Dish. The ensuing Zombie Experiment NYC video has notched upward of 5 million views on YouTube since it was posted July 30. Other affected shows are Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Hell on Wheels. To enter the contest, fans are encouraged to submit a 30-90 second video “of how you would react if you were a Dish subscriber who lost AMC”. Other affected networks include IFC and We. AMC’s Choice winner will receive $4K cash and a Canon 7D camera plus an opportunity to discuss their work with an AMC production exec. People’s Choice (the one with the most votes) winner will receive $1K cash. Both will receive AMC social media exposure.
“Hey Dish, Where's My AMC” Video Contest Launched
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date