AMC has launched a “Hey Dish, Where’s My AMC?” viral video contest for the satcaster’s subscribers (non-subscribers can enter too) who are unhappy that Dish dropped all AMC Networks channels at midnight June 30 in a prolonged carriage fee dispute. The contest follows last week’s zombie invasion of Manhattan to protest the MIA The Walking Dead from Dish. The ensuing Zombie Experiment NYC video has notched upward of 5 million views on YouTube since it was posted July 30. Other affected shows are Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Hell on Wheels. To enter the contest, fans are encouraged to submit a 30-90 second video “of how you would react if you were a Dish subscriber who lost AMC”. Other affected networks include IFC and We. AMC’s Choice winner will receive $4K cash and a Canon 7D camera plus an opportunity to discuss their work with an AMC production exec. People’s Choice (the one with the most votes) winner will receive $1K cash. Both will receive AMC social media exposure.
“Hey Dish, Where's My AMC” Video Contest Launched
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest TV News
- CMT President Brian Philips To Depart After 16 Years At the Viacom Network
- Primary Wave Adds Trio To Management Ranks
- Joel Zadak Makes Partner At Principato-Young Entertainment
- Fox’s Sky Acquisition: How Do Today’s Findings Affect Proposed Deal?
- ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Trailer: “Nothing Can Keep Us From Being Free”
- President Donald Trump Sets New Low With Sexist Twitter Attack On Mika Brzezinski