AMC has launched a “Hey Dish, Where’s My AMC?” viral video contest for the satcaster’s subscribers (non-subscribers can enter too) who are unhappy that Dish dropped all AMC Networks channels at midnight June 30 in a prolonged carriage fee dispute. The contest follows last week’s zombie invasion of Manhattan to protest the MIA The Walking Dead from Dish. The ensuing Zombie Experiment NYC video has notched upward of 5 million views on YouTube since it was posted July 30. Other affected shows are Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Hell on Wheels. To enter the contest, fans are encouraged to submit a 30-90 second video “of how you would react if you were a Dish subscriber who lost AMC”. Other affected networks include IFC and We. AMC’s Choice winner will receive $4K cash and a Canon 7D camera plus an opportunity to discuss their work with an AMC production exec. People’s Choice (the one with the most votes) winner will receive $1K cash. Both will receive AMC social media exposure.
“Hey Dish, Where's My AMC” Video Contest Launched
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video