The Nordic region is a hotbed of action today. Netflix this morning announced it would expand into Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland by the end of the year and now here comes HBO. The pay-TV group says it is partnering with Peter Ekelund/Parsifal International on a joint multi-platform video distribution venture, HBO Nordic, which will also serve Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. The partners say further details will be unveiled at the end of the month in Sweden. HBO’s flagship service and Cinemax have about 93M subscribers worldwide with services available in over 60 countries.
HBO To Launch HBO Nordic In Sweden, Norway, Finland & Denmark
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?