The Nordic region is a hotbed of action today. Netflix this morning announced it would expand into Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland by the end of the year and now here comes HBO. The pay-TV group says it is partnering with Peter Ekelund/Parsifal International on a joint multi-platform video distribution venture, HBO Nordic, which will also serve Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. The partners say further details will be unveiled at the end of the month in Sweden. HBO’s flagship service and Cinemax have about 93M subscribers worldwide with services available in over 60 countries.
HBO To Launch HBO Nordic In Sweden, Norway, Finland & Denmark
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig