The Nordic region is a hotbed of action today. Netflix this morning announced it would expand into Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland by the end of the year and now here comes HBO. The pay-TV group says it is partnering with Peter Ekelund/Parsifal International on a joint multi-platform video distribution venture, HBO Nordic, which will also serve Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. The partners say further details will be unveiled at the end of the month in Sweden. HBO’s flagship service and Cinemax have about 93M subscribers worldwide with services available in over 60 countries.
HBO To Launch HBO Nordic In Sweden, Norway, Finland & Denmark
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest