The Nordic region is a hotbed of action today. Netflix this morning announced it would expand into Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland by the end of the year and now here comes HBO. The pay-TV group says it is partnering with Peter Ekelund/Parsifal International on a joint multi-platform video distribution venture, HBO Nordic, which will also serve Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. The partners say further details will be unveiled at the end of the month in Sweden. HBO’s flagship service and Cinemax have about 93M subscribers worldwide with services available in over 60 countries.
HBO To Launch HBO Nordic In Sweden, Norway, Finland & Denmark
What's Hot on Deadline
Leonardo DiCaprio Remembers 'Gilbert Grape' Star Darlene Cates: "She Was The Best Acting Mom I Ever Had"
Latest TV News
- Mika Brzezinski To Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Presidency “Far Worse” Than She Expected
- '2017' Trailer: Louis C.K. Takes The Stage In Netflix Stand-Up Special
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘The Daily Show’s Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
- Maxine Waters Tells Bill O’Reilly To Buzz Off
- ‘New Girl’ Clip: And Schmidt’s First Name Is…
- CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Real Life’ Casts Male Lead Role With Ryan Hansen As Guest Star, Mulls Potential Premise Tweak