Just imagine how influential the travel advice operation could become once it’s pumped into Google Maps and other services for mobile devices that can detect where you are. The current owner, John Wiley & Sons, confirmed today its agreement to sell “all of its travel assets, including all of its interests in the Frommer’s brand, to Google.” The companies didn’t volunteer the sale price, but The New York Times says it’s about $23M. The current thinking is that Frommer’s will be melded into Zagat, a service that provides user-generated reviews of restaurants and other attractions. Google bought Zagat last year for $151M.
Google Will Buy Frommer's Travel Guides
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update