ABC’s Good Morning America narrowed the London Olympics gap with NBC’s Today by 36% in total viewers and by 26% in adults 25-54 for the week of August 6 compared to the second week of the Beijing Olympics, according to Nielsen Media Research. For week two of the 2012 London Summer Olympics, GMA drew 4.364 million Total Viewers and a 1.3 rating/11 share/1.610 million adults 25-54 during the week of August 6, according to Nielsen. NBC’s Today still won the week with 5.9 million Total Viewers and 2.45 million 25-54, but GMA was up week-to-week in total viewers while both Today (-1%) and CBS This Morning (-2%) were down. GMA also improved on its year-ago performance in total viewers. Season to date, GMA has cut its gaps with Today in both Total Viewers (-53%) and Adults 25-54 (-48%) compared with a year ago. GMA broke through the ratings barrier in late July, topping Today for the first time in almost 17 years among Adults 25-54. GMA (4.36 million) had nearly twice the Total Viewers of CBS This Morning (2.2 million) and a similar margin in GMA viewers 25-54 (1.61 million vs. 809K for CBS.
'Good Morning America' Regains Momentum Vs. 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos
- Olivia de Havilland’s ‘Feud’ Suit Against Ryan Murphy & FX Could See Fall Trial