ABC’s Good Morning America narrowed the London Olympics gap with NBC’s Today by 36% in total viewers and by 26% in adults 25-54 for the week of August 6 compared to the second week of the Beijing Olympics, according to Nielsen Media Research. For week two of the 2012 London Summer Olympics, GMA drew 4.364 million Total Viewers and a 1.3 rating/11 share/1.610 million adults 25-54 during the week of August 6, according to Nielsen. NBC’s Today still won the week with 5.9 million Total Viewers and 2.45 million 25-54, but GMA was up week-to-week in total viewers while both Today (-1%) and CBS This Morning (-2%) were down. GMA also improved on its year-ago performance in total viewers. Season to date, GMA has cut its gaps with Today in both Total Viewers (-53%) and Adults 25-54 (-48%) compared with a year ago. GMA broke through the ratings barrier in late July, topping Today for the first time in almost 17 years among Adults 25-54. GMA (4.36 million) had nearly twice the Total Viewers of CBS This Morning (2.2 million) and a similar margin in GMA viewers 25-54 (1.61 million vs. 809K for CBS.
'Good Morning America' Regains Momentum Vs. 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'The Carmichael Show' Star On Tonight's Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby's Trial, Season 3 & "Big Picture" NBC
Latest TV News
- André Rousselet Dies: Canal Plus Founder & Mitterand Cabinet Director Was 93
- ‘Top Gear’ Averages 4.3 Million Viewers In Season Opener, Takes Social Media Hits
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Star On Tonight’s Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby’s Trial, Season 3 & “Big…
- TNT: NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6 Coverage A Ratings Slam Dunk
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program