ABC’s Good Morning America narrowed the London Olympics gap with NBC’s Today by 36% in total viewers and by 26% in adults 25-54 for the week of August 6 compared to the second week of the Beijing Olympics, according to Nielsen Media Research. For week two of the 2012 London Summer Olympics, GMA drew 4.364 million Total Viewers and a 1.3 rating/11 share/1.610 million adults 25-54 during the week of August 6, according to Nielsen. NBC’s Today still won the week with 5.9 million Total Viewers and 2.45 million 25-54, but GMA was up week-to-week in total viewers while both Today (-1%) and CBS This Morning (-2%) were down. GMA also improved on its year-ago performance in total viewers. Season to date, GMA has cut its gaps with Today in both Total Viewers (-53%) and Adults 25-54 (-48%) compared with a year ago. GMA broke through the ratings barrier in late July, topping Today for the first time in almost 17 years among Adults 25-54. GMA (4.36 million) had nearly twice the Total Viewers of CBS This Morning (2.2 million) and a similar margin in GMA viewers 25-54 (1.61 million vs. 809K for CBS.
'Good Morning America' Regains Momentum Vs. 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest TV News
- ‘Top Gear Live’ Shows To Go On, Sort Of; New China Rules In Force: Global Briefs
- T Group & Interior Day Entertainment Ink Co-Production Deal
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- Trevor Noah Fracas “Much Ado About Nothing,” Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting…
- Citing ‘Greatest American Hero’ Case, Judge Rules ‘Three’s Company’ Parody Doesn’t Violate…
- Netflix’s ‘Chef’s Table': How Genius Culinary Minds Tick – Trailer