ABC’s Good Morning America narrowed the London Olympics gap with NBC’s Today by 36% in total viewers and by 26% in adults 25-54 for the week of August 6 compared to the second week of the Beijing Olympics, according to Nielsen Media Research. For week two of the 2012 London Summer Olympics, GMA drew 4.364 million Total Viewers and a 1.3 rating/11 share/1.610 million adults 25-54 during the week of August 6, according to Nielsen. NBC’s Today still won the week with 5.9 million Total Viewers and 2.45 million 25-54, but GMA was up week-to-week in total viewers while both Today (-1%) and CBS This Morning (-2%) were down. GMA also improved on its year-ago performance in total viewers. Season to date, GMA has cut its gaps with Today in both Total Viewers (-53%) and Adults 25-54 (-48%) compared with a year ago. GMA broke through the ratings barrier in late July, topping Today for the first time in almost 17 years among Adults 25-54. GMA (4.36 million) had nearly twice the Total Viewers of CBS This Morning (2.2 million) and a similar margin in GMA viewers 25-54 (1.61 million vs. 809K for CBS.
'Good Morning America' Regains Momentum Vs. 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest TV News
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Season 9 Sets Finale & Season Ratings Records On VH1
- ‘Doomsday’: Sony TV Eyes Series Order For Ex-ABC Pilot, Extends Cast Options
- Comic-Con: Amazon Plans Big 'The Tick' Takeover At Superhero Confab
- MRC’s Modi Wiczyk Explains Risks Of Summer Originals ‘Baby Driver’ And ‘The Dark Tower’
- ‘Castle Rock’: Jane Levy & Sissy Spacek Cast In Hulu Series From J.J. Abrams & Stephen King
- 22 Million People Lose Health Care Under Senate Trumpcare Plan, CBO Says