ABC’s Good Morning America narrowed the London Olympics gap with NBC’s Today by 36% in total viewers and by 26% in adults 25-54 for the week of August 6 compared to the second week of the Beijing Olympics, according to Nielsen Media Research. For week two of the 2012 London Summer Olympics, GMA drew 4.364 million Total Viewers and a 1.3 rating/11 share/1.610 million adults 25-54 during the week of August 6, according to Nielsen. NBC’s Today still won the week with 5.9 million Total Viewers and 2.45 million 25-54, but GMA was up week-to-week in total viewers while both Today (-1%) and CBS This Morning (-2%) were down. GMA also improved on its year-ago performance in total viewers. Season to date, GMA has cut its gaps with Today in both Total Viewers (-53%) and Adults 25-54 (-48%) compared with a year ago. GMA broke through the ratings barrier in late July, topping Today for the first time in almost 17 years among Adults 25-54. GMA (4.36 million) had nearly twice the Total Viewers of CBS This Morning (2.2 million) and a similar margin in GMA viewers 25-54 (1.61 million vs. 809K for CBS.
'Good Morning America' Regains Momentum Vs. 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- ‘Jane the Virgin’: EP Jennie Snyder Urman On Finale Twists & “Joyful” Season 4
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Fans Streamed To Showtime To Break Signup Record
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Promo Features ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter…
- TV Watchdog Group Calls On Fox To Resuscitate ‘Last Man Standing’ And Bury ‘The Mick’ In “Win-Win”…
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Casts Sophia Lillis; Juan Riedinger Joins ‘Good Behavior’