Good Morning America had a string of early morning victories over Today during the week of July 23, beating the NBC show in both the key demo and total viewers. For the first time in almost 17 years, GMA topped Today among Adults 25-54. During the week of July 23, the ABC morning show pulled ahead with 1.851 million over the kingpin Today’s 1.839 million. The last time that happened was back on September 11, 1995 when current co-host George Stephanopoulos was working for President Bill Clinton in the White House. Just a week before the two shows had been in a demo dead heat. That wasn’t the only victory GMA scored, as NBC got ready for the London Olympics. The show continued its lead in terms of total viewers for another week. That makes five weeks that the ABC show was lead over Today in terms of total viewers, its longest such streak since an eight-week run back in 1994. For the week of July 23, GMA had 4.837 million total viewers to Today’s 4.295 million. Of course, victory was short-lived. Since full day coverage of the XXX Summer Olympics started on NBC, Today has been bouncing back. Today was ahead of GMA by about 1.3 million total viewers on Monday and Tuesday this week and over 732,000 ahead in the 25-54 demo.
'Good Morning America' Wins Gold Over 'Today' In Key Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest TV News
- ‘The Oath’ Renewed For Season 2 By Sony Crackle
- Viacom's Channel 5 Aims To Lift The Curse Of ‘The New Wife’ By Handing ITV Studios New Casting Challenge
- ‘Big Brother’ Commissioner Steve Regan Set To Leave Viacom’s UK Net Channel 5
- Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special”
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series