Good Morning America had a string of early morning victories over Today during the week of July 23, beating the NBC show in both the key demo and total viewers. For the first time in almost 17 years, GMA topped Today among Adults 25-54. During the week of July 23, the ABC morning show pulled ahead with 1.851 million over the kingpin Today’s 1.839 million. The last time that happened was back on September 11, 1995 when current co-host George Stephanopoulos was working for President Bill Clinton in the White House. Just a week before the two shows had been in a demo dead heat. That wasn’t the only victory GMA scored, as NBC got ready for the London Olympics. The show continued its lead in terms of total viewers for another week. That makes five weeks that the ABC show was lead over Today in terms of total viewers, its longest such streak since an eight-week run back in 1994. For the week of July 23, GMA had 4.837 million total viewers to Today’s 4.295 million. Of course, victory was short-lived. Since full day coverage of the XXX Summer Olympics started on NBC, Today has been bouncing back. Today was ahead of GMA by about 1.3 million total viewers on Monday and Tuesday this week and over 732,000 ahead in the 25-54 demo.
'Good Morning America' Wins Gold Over 'Today' In Key Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Ex-Playboy Playmate’s Donald Trump Tell-All Gooses Anderson Cooper Ratings
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Dhruv Singh To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot
- ‘Barry’ Review: Bill Hader’s A Hit, Man, On HBO’s New Dark Comedy
- Roseanne Barr Plays Donald Trump Card, Warning Jimmy Kimmel Alternative Is Mike Pence
- ‘Station 19’ Launch No Ratings Barn Burner Against NCAA And ‘Chicago Fire’ Double Pump
- Donald Trump Signs Into Law Spending Bill He Threatened To Veto In Morning Twitter Stunt