Don Groves is a Deadline contributor based in Sydney. EXCLUSIVE: Adam Driver, who plays Lena Dunham’s loopy lover in HBO’s Girls, has been cast as a New York photographer in Tracks, the saga of a young Australian woman’s camel trek across the Australian Outback in 1977. Mia Wasikowska plays Robyn Davidson, whose book of the same name is being adapted by writer-director John Curran and Marion Nelson. Producers are See-Saw Productions’ Emile Sherman and Iain Canning (The King’s Speech) with Julie Ryan (Red Dog) as co-producer. Driver plays Rick Smolan, the National Geographic photographer who accompanied Davidson on her 1,400-mile journey. Driver, whose movie career is gaining momentum, also plays Samuel Beckwith in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln and has a supporting role in the Coen brothers’ Inside Llewyn Davis. Currently he’s shooting Michael Dowse’s romantic dramedy The F Word with Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan. Tracks rolls on October 8 in locations in South Australia and the Northern Territory. It’s financed by Screen Australia, with the 40% producer offset and pre-sales to the UK’s Momentum and Italy’s BIM. HanWay is handling international sales and Transmission is the Australian distributor.
'Girls' Adam Driver Makes 'Tracks' With Mia Wasikowska In Australia
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors