Don Groves is a Deadline contributor based in Sydney. EXCLUSIVE: Adam Driver, who plays Lena Dunham’s loopy lover in HBO’s Girls, has been cast as a New York photographer in Tracks, the saga of a young Australian woman’s camel trek across the Australian Outback in 1977. Mia Wasikowska plays Robyn Davidson, whose book of the same name is being adapted by writer-director John Curran and Marion Nelson. Producers are See-Saw Productions’ Emile Sherman and Iain Canning (The King’s Speech) with Julie Ryan (Red Dog) as co-producer. Driver plays Rick Smolan, the National Geographic photographer who accompanied Davidson on her 1,400-mile journey. Driver, whose movie career is gaining momentum, also plays Samuel Beckwith in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln and has a supporting role in the Coen brothers’ Inside Llewyn Davis. Currently he’s shooting Michael Dowse’s romantic dramedy The F Word with Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan. Tracks rolls on October 8 in locations in South Australia and the Northern Territory. It’s financed by Screen Australia, with the 40% producer offset and pre-sales to the UK’s Momentum and Italy’s BIM. HanWay is handling international sales and Transmission is the Australian distributor.
'Girls' Adam Driver Makes 'Tracks' With Mia Wasikowska In Australia
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner