Don Groves is a Deadline contributor based in Sydney. EXCLUSIVE: Adam Driver, who plays Lena Dunham’s loopy lover in HBO’s Girls, has been cast as a New York photographer in Tracks, the saga of a young Australian woman’s camel trek across the Australian Outback in 1977. Mia Wasikowska plays Robyn Davidson, whose book of the same name is being adapted by writer-director John Curran and Marion Nelson. Producers are See-Saw Productions’ Emile Sherman and Iain Canning (The King’s Speech) with Julie Ryan (Red Dog) as co-producer. Driver plays Rick Smolan, the National Geographic photographer who accompanied Davidson on her 1,400-mile journey. Driver, whose movie career is gaining momentum, also plays Samuel Beckwith in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln and has a supporting role in the Coen brothers’ Inside Llewyn Davis. Currently he’s shooting Michael Dowse’s romantic dramedy The F Word with Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan. Tracks rolls on October 8 in locations in South Australia and the Northern Territory. It’s financed by Screen Australia, with the 40% producer offset and pre-sales to the UK’s Momentum and Italy’s BIM. HanWay is handling international sales and Transmission is the Australian distributor.
'Girls' Adam Driver Makes 'Tracks' With Mia Wasikowska In Australia
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings