More than two years after FX greenlighted Outlaw Country to pilot and almost a year after the network passed on the Nashville-set drama, the pilot is making it to air. Outlaw Country will air as an FX Original Movie this Friday at 10 PM, following a rebroadcast of Oscar-winning mob drama The Departed. There has been no promotion for the broadcast, which is considered a burnoff. The version that will air is the final pilot that was delivered to FX after it ordered script rewrite and reshoots last summer. I hear the pilot came in long, at about hour an a half, making it suitable to air as a movie. This is a rare public broadcast of a busted pilot not developed as a backdoor movie as they normally never see the light of day. Outlaw Country, a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty, starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. Outlaw Country was in the same pilot batch as Powers. FX passed on that pilot too but is keeping its prospects alive with a re-write by Charles H. Eglee.
FX Pilot 'Outlaw Country' To Air As Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis