More than two years after FX greenlighted Outlaw Country to pilot and almost a year after the network passed on the Nashville-set drama, the pilot is making it to air. Outlaw Country will air as an FX Original Movie this Friday at 10 PM, following a rebroadcast of Oscar-winning mob drama The Departed. There has been no promotion for the broadcast, which is considered a burnoff. The version that will air is the final pilot that was delivered to FX after it ordered script rewrite and reshoots last summer. I hear the pilot came in long, at about hour an a half, making it suitable to air as a movie. This is a rare public broadcast of a busted pilot not developed as a backdoor movie as they normally never see the light of day. Outlaw Country, a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty, starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. Outlaw Country was in the same pilot batch as Powers. FX passed on that pilot too but is keeping its prospects alive with a re-write by Charles H. Eglee.
FX Pilot 'Outlaw Country' To Air As Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset
- Netflix Fires Executive For “Careless” Remarks On Danny Masterson Allegations
- Fox Developing Soap From ‘No Good Deed’ Writer & Chernin Entertainment
- ‘Lady In The Mask’ Psychological Thriller Drama From Amblin TV Set At the CW
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show