More than two years after FX greenlighted Outlaw Country to pilot and almost a year after the network passed on the Nashville-set drama, the pilot is making it to air. Outlaw Country will air as an FX Original Movie this Friday at 10 PM, following a rebroadcast of Oscar-winning mob drama The Departed. There has been no promotion for the broadcast, which is considered a burnoff. The version that will air is the final pilot that was delivered to FX after it ordered script rewrite and reshoots last summer. I hear the pilot came in long, at about hour an a half, making it suitable to air as a movie. This is a rare public broadcast of a busted pilot not developed as a backdoor movie as they normally never see the light of day. Outlaw Country, a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty, starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. Outlaw Country was in the same pilot batch as Powers. FX passed on that pilot too but is keeping its prospects alive with a re-write by Charles H. Eglee.
FX Pilot 'Outlaw Country' To Air As Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era