Fox Broadcasting has asked for a preliminary federal injunction against Dish Network‘s Primetime Antime DVR service with AutoHop commercial skipping feature. Fox filed a request (read it here) with the federal court for the Central District of California to block Dish “from further infringement of Fox’s copyrighted television programs identified in the Complaint in this action and from further breaches of Dish’s retransmission consent agreements with Fox.” The court has set a hearing on Fox’s request for September 21. In what Fox and the other networks in the dispute consider proof that the primary purpose of the Primetime Anytime and AutoHop is copyright infringement, Dish earlier this week modified its own litigation and the device’s software to emphasize “optional” recording and commercial-skipping instead the original wording “automatic.” In addition to Fox the other broadcast networks ABC, CBS and NBC are fighting Dish in court on multiple fronts. Dish’s view is that the satcaster and its customers already pay for the right to watch the networks’ programming with or without commercials.
Fox Asks Court To Bar Dish DVR Ad-Zapper
What's Hot on Deadline
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Legal Guardian Backs Actress' Sexual Assault Claims, Calls Joel Kramer "Pedophile" - Update
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Eliza Dushku Accuses 'True Lies' Stunt Coordinator Of Sexual Assault; Mother, Brother Support - Update
Latest TV News
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- ‘Girlfriends’ Phyllis Logan, Miranda Richardson Discuss Industry Ageism – Or Not – TCA
- Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams “Reprehensible Smokescreen” – Update
- How To Reach Young Millennials? The Studios & TV Networks Can Find 47M Of Them On Snapchat – TCA
- Undaunted By Syndication Slump, NATPE Boosts International, Reality, Local TV
- Comedy Central Boss On Future Of ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ & ‘The President Show’