Fox Broadcasting has asked for a preliminary federal injunction against Dish Network‘s Primetime Antime DVR service with AutoHop commercial skipping feature. Fox filed a request (read it here) with the federal court for the Central District of California to block Dish “from further infringement of Fox’s copyrighted television programs identified in the Complaint in this action and from further breaches of Dish’s retransmission consent agreements with Fox.” The court has set a hearing on Fox’s request for September 21. In what Fox and the other networks in the dispute consider proof that the primary purpose of the Primetime Anytime and AutoHop is copyright infringement, Dish earlier this week modified its own litigation and the device’s software to emphasize “optional” recording and commercial-skipping instead the original wording “automatic.” In addition to Fox the other broadcast networks ABC, CBS and NBC are fighting Dish in court on multiple fronts. Dish’s view is that the satcaster and its customers already pay for the right to watch the networks’ programming with or without commercials.
Fox Asks Court To Bar Dish DVR Ad-Zapper
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation