Former TV newswoman Vicky Gutierrez has filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against KVEA Telemundo and NBCUniversal alleging wrongful termination, age discrimination and breach of employment agreement. Gutierrez, who at the time of her March 2012 termination was 50, says in the suit she worked for the Telemundo station for nine years and alleges she was informed that she was being laid off. She says that management gave no reason for her termination but noted that and a “substantially younger woman” was immediately hired to replace her. Gutierrez also contends she was targeted because she filed workplace complaints of discrimination and harassment with her supervisor and with human resources. Gutierrez is seeking damages for back pay, lost employee benifits plus court costs and interest.
Former KVEA Newswoman Sues NBCUniversal, Telemundo
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest TV News
- LeBron James-Led Game 3 Rout By Cleveland Draws ESPN’s Second-Best NBA Eastern Conference Rating
- Billboard Music Awards Reveals Non-Televised Award Winners
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Tick Up In Season Finale With Host Tina Fey
- ‘SNL’ Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs’ Questions, Yes-Ands In ‘Chicago Improv…
- Royal Wedding Ratings: 18M Watch Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Big Day In The UK
- ‘SNL’: Donald Trump Gets ‘The Sopranos’ Treatment In Season Finale Cold Open