Former TV newswoman Vicky Gutierrez has filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against KVEA Telemundo and NBCUniversal alleging wrongful termination, age discrimination and breach of employment agreement. Gutierrez, who at the time of her March 2012 termination was 50, says in the suit she worked for the Telemundo station for nine years and alleges she was informed that she was being laid off. She says that management gave no reason for her termination but noted that and a “substantially younger woman” was immediately hired to replace her. Gutierrez also contends she was targeted because she filed workplace complaints of discrimination and harassment with her supervisor and with human resources. Gutierrez is seeking damages for back pay, lost employee benifits plus court costs and interest.
Former KVEA Newswoman Sues NBCUniversal, Telemundo
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- ‘Comrade Detective’ Trailer: Channing Tatum & Joe Gordon-Levitt Go Full Cold War In Amazon Spoof
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- NBCU’s Steve Burke Is “Skeptical” About OTT, Crows About Upfront Sales
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Helps Comcast Top Q2 Earnings Expectations, Video Subs Lag
- Canal Plus Books Appointment With Joann Sfar’s ‘Monsters’ Shrink’ Vampire Series
- Sky Set To Increase Funding On Originals By 25%; Confirms Launch In Spain