Former TV newswoman Vicky Gutierrez has filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against KVEA Telemundo and NBCUniversal alleging wrongful termination, age discrimination and breach of employment agreement. Gutierrez, who at the time of her March 2012 termination was 50, says in the suit she worked for the Telemundo station for nine years and alleges she was informed that she was being laid off. She says that management gave no reason for her termination but noted that and a “substantially younger woman” was immediately hired to replace her. Gutierrez also contends she was targeted because she filed workplace complaints of discrimination and harassment with her supervisor and with human resources. Gutierrez is seeking damages for back pay, lost employee benifits plus court costs and interest.
Former KVEA Newswoman Sues NBCUniversal, Telemundo
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless