Former TV newswoman Vicky Gutierrez has filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against KVEA Telemundo and NBCUniversal alleging wrongful termination, age discrimination and breach of employment agreement. Gutierrez, who at the time of her March 2012 termination was 50, says in the suit she worked for the Telemundo station for nine years and alleges she was informed that she was being laid off. She says that management gave no reason for her termination but noted that and a “substantially younger woman” was immediately hired to replace her. Gutierrez also contends she was targeted because she filed workplace complaints of discrimination and harassment with her supervisor and with human resources. Gutierrez is seeking damages for back pay, lost employee benifits plus court costs and interest.
Former KVEA Newswoman Sues NBCUniversal, Telemundo
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Podcaster Jon Lovett Says CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo