Former TV newswoman Vicky Gutierrez has filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against KVEA Telemundo and NBCUniversal alleging wrongful termination, age discrimination and breach of employment agreement. Gutierrez, who at the time of her March 2012 termination was 50, says in the suit she worked for the Telemundo station for nine years and alleges she was informed that she was being laid off. She says that management gave no reason for her termination but noted that and a “substantially younger woman” was immediately hired to replace her. Gutierrez also contends she was targeted because she filed workplace complaints of discrimination and harassment with her supervisor and with human resources. Gutierrez is seeking damages for back pay, lost employee benifits plus court costs and interest.
Former KVEA Newswoman Sues NBCUniversal, Telemundo
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Rita Moreno On Her EGOT Wins, Affairs With Brando & Elvis (!) And Taking Life ‘One Day At A Time’ – The…
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea…
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme