Author E.L. James, who was inspired by Stephenie Meyer’s The Twilight Saga to write Fifty Shades Of Grey, has in turn given the equivalent of literary Viagra to the steamy fiction genre. There are a ton of knockoffs in the offing, and just the other day I saw in Costo James’ trio of books, and right next to it another book with a similar-looking cover, obviously from a publisher trying to ride her coattails. Until Universal and producers Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti name a screenwriter, get a script, a director and a cast to film the first movie, it seemed James would have to be content watching her books fly off the shelves, all over the world. Well, maybe not. James has curated an album that’s being released by EMI Classics, a group of 15 classical music tunes she feels should be heard by the panting masses who devour her sexy S&M saga of 27-year old billionaire entrepreneur Christian Grey and college student Anastasia Steele. The three books have sold 31 million copies worldwide, so that is a chance to move a lot of records with tunes that include Bach’s Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring and Tallis’ Spem in Alium. The latter, a 16th Century tune, shot to the top of the UK classical music charts just because of the mere mention in the books.
'Fifty Shades' Spawns Album
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- Patricia Morison Dies: Glamourous Movie Star Of The 1940s Was 103
- 'First Reformed' Nabs Top Spot; 'Pope Francis' Mixed: Specialty Box Office
- Guns On The Playbill? Every Major Studio Has Them This Season
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or