Universal Television is getting a designated unscripted executive. Former Ryan Seacrest Prods. exec Fernando J. Hernandez is joining the studio in the newly created position of SVP of Alternative Development. He will be responsible for all Universal Television reality productions, spearheading new development and overseeing the studio’s in-house producers and ongoing talent deals, reporting to Meredith Ahr, EVP, Alternative Programming, NBC Entertainment. Hernandez comes from Ryan Seacrest Prods. where he most recently was EVP of Development and Production, a position he held since 2009. There, he oversaw all aspects of the company’s original programming, spearheading the development and production of RSP’s slate of non-scripted and scripted television properties, including Keeping Up With The Kardashians for E!, Shahs Of Sunset for Bravo, Married To Jonas for E! as well as pilot Draw Something at CBS and upcoming ABC special TV’s Most Dynamic Duos. Earlier, Hernandez served as executive producer on TV Land’s She’s Got The Look, ABC Family’s Venus & Serena: For Real, and MTV’s Til Death Do Us Part: Carmen & Dave.
Fernando J. Hernandez To Run Alternative Programming For Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series