Universal Television is getting a designated unscripted executive. Former Ryan Seacrest Prods. exec Fernando J. Hernandez is joining the studio in the newly created position of SVP of Alternative Development. He will be responsible for all Universal Television reality productions, spearheading new development and overseeing the studio’s in-house producers and ongoing talent deals, reporting to Meredith Ahr, EVP, Alternative Programming, NBC Entertainment. Hernandez comes from Ryan Seacrest Prods. where he most recently was EVP of Development and Production, a position he held since 2009. There, he oversaw all aspects of the company’s original programming, spearheading the development and production of RSP’s slate of non-scripted and scripted television properties, including Keeping Up With The Kardashians for E!, Shahs Of Sunset for Bravo, Married To Jonas for E! as well as pilot Draw Something at CBS and upcoming ABC special TV’s Most Dynamic Duos. Earlier, Hernandez served as executive producer on TV Land’s She’s Got The Look, ABC Family’s Venus & Serena: For Real, and MTV’s Til Death Do Us Part: Carmen & Dave.
Fernando J. Hernandez To Run Alternative Programming For Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two