Universal Television is getting a designated unscripted executive. Former Ryan Seacrest Prods. exec Fernando J. Hernandez is joining the studio in the newly created position of SVP of Alternative Development. He will be responsible for all Universal Television reality productions, spearheading new development and overseeing the studio’s in-house producers and ongoing talent deals, reporting to Meredith Ahr, EVP, Alternative Programming, NBC Entertainment. Hernandez comes from Ryan Seacrest Prods. where he most recently was EVP of Development and Production, a position he held since 2009. There, he oversaw all aspects of the company’s original programming, spearheading the development and production of RSP’s slate of non-scripted and scripted television properties, including Keeping Up With The Kardashians for E!, Shahs Of Sunset for Bravo, Married To Jonas for E! as well as pilot Draw Something at CBS and upcoming ABC special TV’s Most Dynamic Duos. Earlier, Hernandez served as executive producer on TV Land’s She’s Got The Look, ABC Family’s Venus & Serena: For Real, and MTV’s Til Death Do Us Part: Carmen & Dave.
Fernando J. Hernandez To Run Alternative Programming For Universal Television
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips
- CBS Buys Adaptation Of British Comedy 'Friday Night Dinner' As Put Pilot
- ABC Developing Derrick Storm Drama With 'Castle's Andrew Marlowe