Dylan McDermott has signed up for The Freezer. The actor will play the abducted and mysterious Robert in the indie action thriller. Appearing to be the victim, Robert has a past in which he was a ruthless killer for hire. Mikael Salomon, who was the cinematographer on The Abyss and directed the Blue Lagoon TV movie remake for Lifetime, is helming The Freezer. The screenplay is by Tom Doganoglu and Shane Weisfeld. Lee Nelson and David Buelow of Envision are producing. Filming on The Freezer starts up in Canada in the fall. The actor, who was in the first season of FX’s American Horror Story, is also appearing in The Campaign, which opens on August 10th, with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis and directed by Jay Roach. McDermott is currently filming Antoine Fuqua’s White House thriller Olympus Has Fallen with Gerald Butler and Angela Bassett. He is set to film the teen rock’n’roll comedy Parental Guidance Suggested, with Selena Gomez, Nat Wolff and Elisabeth Shue, later this summer in Los Angeles. McDermott is repped by CAA and The Schiff Co.
Dylan McDermott Joins 'The Freezer'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comic-Con: Noah Hawley Developing ‘Doctor Doom’ Movie For Fox
- ‘Dunkirk’ Review: Christopher Nolan Makes A Film About War That Hitchcock Would Have Loved
- ‘Death Note’ Director Adam Wingard Considers President Donald Trump A Supervillain – Comic-Con
- In The Tea Leaves Of Summer, Some (Speculative) Outlines Of A Laura Dern Presidency At The Film Academy
- Post-Cannes, Will Smith Continues To Bang Drum For Netflix As Industry Game Changer: ‘Bright’ At Comic-Con
- ‘Bright’ Trailer: Netflix’s Mega Will Smith Sci-Fi Movie Hits Comic-Con