Dylan McDermott has signed up for The Freezer. The actor will play the abducted and mysterious Robert in the indie action thriller. Appearing to be the victim, Robert has a past in which he was a ruthless killer for hire. Mikael Salomon, who was the cinematographer on The Abyss and directed the Blue Lagoon TV movie remake for Lifetime, is helming The Freezer. The screenplay is by Tom Doganoglu and Shane Weisfeld. Lee Nelson and David Buelow of Envision are producing. Filming on The Freezer starts up in Canada in the fall. The actor, who was in the first season of FX’s American Horror Story, is also appearing in The Campaign, which opens on August 10th, with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis and directed by Jay Roach. McDermott is currently filming Antoine Fuqua’s White House thriller Olympus Has Fallen with Gerald Butler and Angela Bassett. He is set to film the teen rock’n’roll comedy Parental Guidance Suggested, with Selena Gomez, Nat Wolff and Elisabeth Shue, later this summer in Los Angeles. McDermott is repped by CAA and The Schiff Co.
Dylan McDermott Joins 'The Freezer'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
Latest Film News
- Doug Liman Exits ‘Justice League Dark’ Movie
- Tom Cruise Says ‘Top Gun 2’ Will Be Filming “In The Next Year”
- Sony Pegs Release Dates For ‘The Nightingale’ And ‘Charlie’s Angels’
- Bona Film Group Stakes $80M On Roland Emmerich/Mark Gordon WWII Battle Pic ‘Midway:’ Cannes
- Film Allman Loses Case Against New York Marine Insurer: “No New Info From FBI”
- Youth Revolution On The Croisette As Screen Kids Take Over Cannes