EXCLUSIVE: Kick-Ass 2 is very close to getting its Dr. Gravity. Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the sequel in the role of the baseball bat wielding masked character who fights alongside Kick-Ass. The Scrubs alumni will be joining returning casting members Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage as well as new addition John Leguizamo in the Universal Pictures financed film. Kick-Ass 2, as Mintz-Plasse let slip at Comic-Con last month, is set to start shooting in September. The movie will film in Toronto and London. No stranger to the big screen, Faison has appeared in Skyline and Remember The Titans, among others. The actor currently stars in The Exes, which is in its second season on TVLand. Kick-Ass 2 is being directed and scripted by Jeff Wadlow, based on the Mark Millar and John S. Romita Jr. comics. Matthew Vaughn, who directed the 2010 original, is serving as producer on the sequel. Faison is repped by APA and Intellectual Artists Management.
Donald Faison In 'Kick-Ass 2' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest Film News
- Paul Verhoeven Named Jury President Of 2017 Berlin Film Festival
- ‘Lion’ Nabs Best International Film At Evening Standard British Film Awards
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer: Web Wings, Teen Angst, And A First Look At The Vulture
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: AFI Narrows The Race; ‘La La’ Hits L.A.; Jeff Bezos Throws A Party ‘By The Sea’; Tom Ford…
- Leonardo DiCaprio Meets Donald Trump, Snags Follow-Up And Twitter Snarks
- ‘Interrogation’ Director Vetri Maaran Details Sensitivity To On-Screen Violence: India’s Oscar Entry