EXCLUSIVE: Kick-Ass 2 is very close to getting its Dr. Gravity. Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the sequel in the role of the baseball bat wielding masked character who fights alongside Kick-Ass. The Scrubs alumni will be joining returning casting members Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage as well as new addition John Leguizamo in the Universal Pictures financed film. Kick-Ass 2, as Mintz-Plasse let slip at Comic-Con last month, is set to start shooting in September. The movie will film in Toronto and London. No stranger to the big screen, Faison has appeared in Skyline and Remember The Titans, among others. The actor currently stars in The Exes, which is in its second season on TVLand. Kick-Ass 2 is being directed and scripted by Jeff Wadlow, based on the Mark Millar and John S. Romita Jr. comics. Matthew Vaughn, who directed the 2010 original, is serving as producer on the sequel. Faison is repped by APA and Intellectual Artists Management.
Donald Faison In 'Kick-Ass 2' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald