EXCLUSIVE: Kick-Ass 2 is very close to getting its Dr. Gravity. Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the sequel in the role of the baseball bat wielding masked character who fights alongside Kick-Ass. The Scrubs alumni will be joining returning casting members Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage as well as new addition John Leguizamo in the Universal Pictures financed film. Kick-Ass 2, as Mintz-Plasse let slip at Comic-Con last month, is set to start shooting in September. The movie will film in Toronto and London. No stranger to the big screen, Faison has appeared in Skyline and Remember The Titans, among others. The actor currently stars in The Exes, which is in its second season on TVLand. Kick-Ass 2 is being directed and scripted by Jeff Wadlow, based on the Mark Millar and John S. Romita Jr. comics. Matthew Vaughn, who directed the 2010 original, is serving as producer on the sequel. Faison is repped by APA and Intellectual Artists Management.
Donald Faison In 'Kick-Ass 2' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter