EXCLUSIVE: Kick-Ass 2 is very close to getting its Dr. Gravity. Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the sequel in the role of the baseball bat wielding masked character who fights alongside Kick-Ass. The Scrubs alumni will be joining returning casting members Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage as well as new addition John Leguizamo in the Universal Pictures financed film. Kick-Ass 2, as Mintz-Plasse let slip at Comic-Con last month, is set to start shooting in September. The movie will film in Toronto and London. No stranger to the big screen, Faison has appeared in Skyline and Remember The Titans, among others. The actor currently stars in The Exes, which is in its second season on TVLand. Kick-Ass 2 is being directed and scripted by Jeff Wadlow, based on the Mark Millar and John S. Romita Jr. comics. Matthew Vaughn, who directed the 2010 original, is serving as producer on the sequel. Faison is repped by APA and Intellectual Artists Management.
Donald Faison In 'Kick-Ass 2' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin