EXCLUSIVE: Kick-Ass 2 is very close to getting its Dr. Gravity. Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the sequel in the role of the baseball bat wielding masked character who fights alongside Kick-Ass. The Scrubs alumni will be joining returning casting members Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage as well as new addition John Leguizamo in the Universal Pictures financed film. Kick-Ass 2, as Mintz-Plasse let slip at Comic-Con last month, is set to start shooting in September. The movie will film in Toronto and London. No stranger to the big screen, Faison has appeared in Skyline and Remember The Titans, among others. The actor currently stars in The Exes, which is in its second season on TVLand. Kick-Ass 2 is being directed and scripted by Jeff Wadlow, based on the Mark Millar and John S. Romita Jr. comics. Matthew Vaughn, who directed the 2010 original, is serving as producer on the sequel. Faison is repped by APA and Intellectual Artists Management.
Donald Faison In 'Kick-Ass 2' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing And Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’
- NFL Players Union Stands In Solidarity With WGA As Strike Looms
- Gravitas Ventures Hires Scott Kaplan As SVP Global Sales