No deals have been made, but I am hearing that things are getting serious between Warner Bros and Harry Potter director David Yates on Tarzan, the long gestating film about the tree swinging ape man. At the same time, Paramount is courting Christopher McQuarrie for Without Remorse, an equally long gestating thriller based on the Tom Clancy book about Clark the mercenary who appeared in the Jack Ryan films, and who was played in Clear in Present Danger by Willem Dafoe. In Without Remorse, Clark is a Navy SEAL turned CIA operative who is bent on revenge after a drug dealer kills his girl. Warner Bros has denied Yates is set and Paramount insiders have said they would look to McQuarrie for a new draft of a script originated by Shawn Ryan. But Paramount is high on McQuarrie for the job he did directing Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher, based on the Lee Child novels. Stay tuned.
Director Talk: David Yates For 'Tarzan,' Christopher McQuarrie For 'Without Remorse'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- CBS Slams “Disloyal” Shari Redstone In Attempt To Toss Bylaw Change That Could Lead To Viacom Merger
- LeBron James & Channing Tatum Team For New Line Action Comedy
- Equality Writes Launches As UK Study Finds Just 16% Of Film Scribes Are Women
- ‘Old Boys’ Trailer: First Look At Edinburgh-Bound Brit Comedy Starring Alex Lawther
- ‘Vera’s On The Case For Season 9; Fox Norway’s Dreyer Adds Sweden Remit – Global Briefs
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000