No deals have been made, but I am hearing that things are getting serious between Warner Bros and Harry Potter director David Yates on Tarzan, the long gestating film about the tree swinging ape man. At the same time, Paramount is courting Christopher McQuarrie for Without Remorse, an equally long gestating thriller based on the Tom Clancy book about Clark the mercenary who appeared in the Jack Ryan films, and who was played in Clear in Present Danger by Willem Dafoe. In Without Remorse, Clark is a Navy SEAL turned CIA operative who is bent on revenge after a drug dealer kills his girl. Warner Bros has denied Yates is set and Paramount insiders have said they would look to McQuarrie for a new draft of a script originated by Shawn Ryan. But Paramount is high on McQuarrie for the job he did directing Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher, based on the Lee Child novels. Stay tuned.
Director Talk: David Yates For 'Tarzan,' Christopher McQuarrie For 'Without Remorse'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest Film News
- ’15:17 To Paris’ Rating Changed To PG-13 After Appeal
- Sony Intl Boards Pablo Trapero’s ‘La Quietud’ With Edgar Ramirez, Bérénice Bejo
- Guillermo Del Toro On ‘The Shape Of Water’: “We Were Not Designing A Monster, We Were Designing A Leading Man” – The…
- Hannah Marks, Dylan Sprouse, Liana Liberato To Star In Comedy ‘Banana Split’ For American High
- 20th Century Fox Film Side: Sadness, Uncertainty & Fear With News Of Disney Merger
- DGA To Honor Dwight Williams & Jim Tanker With Service Awards