EXCLUSIVE: Sleeper Cell creators Cyrus Voris and Ethan Reiff have closed a deal to write Starz’s live-action adaptation of the 2001 Japanese anime series Noir. This marks Starz’s third stab at getting a script for the project, initially greenlighted to series last June with Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, Joshua Donen and Bill Hamm executive producing. Original writer Steven Lightfoot was replaced by Sean Jablonski last October. The project was then put on hold but I hear it is a priority for the pay cable network, which has already incurred some production costs, including building sets. Noir follows two female assassins who team up to fight against a secret society. After discovering they’re mysteriously linked, the two, under the Noir moniker, have to work together until they get answers about why and how they are connected — or until one of them kills the other. Voris and Reiff are with UTA.
Cyrus Voris And Ethan Reiff Board Starz's 'Noir' Series As New Writers
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series