Commentator and comedian John Fugelsang will develop and host a primetime show for Current TV. The announcement was made during a live broadcast of Talking Liberally: The Stephanie Miller Show conducted at the TCA summer press tour. The show, which will tackle the political and cultural issues of the day with Fugelsang’s perspective that include taking in the Christian Right, is slated to premiere in the fall. In the meanwhile, Fugelsang will continue to appear on the network as guest host and as commentator. Fugelsang, known for getting Mitt Romney’s advisor to call Mitt an “Etch-a-Sketch,” has guest hosted for several Current TV programs including The War Room with Jennifer Granholm, Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer and Talking Liberally. “John’s been a part of the Current family for a while now and we see just how much his voice resonates with our audience,” Current TV Chairman Al Gore said.
Current TV To Launch Primetime Show Hosted By Comedian John Fugelsang
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest TV News
- ‘Gentleman Jack’: First-Look At HBO & BBC One’s Suranne Jones-Fronted Period Drama
- America’s Mad About Harry & Meghan; Nearly 30M Watch Royal Wedding Live
- LeBron James-Led Rout By Cleveland Draws ESPN’s Second-Best NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 Rating Ever
- Billboard Music Awards Reveals Non-Televised Award Winners
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Tick Up In Season Finale With Host Tina Fey
- ‘SNL’ Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs’ Questions, Yes-Ands In ‘Chicago Improv…