Commentator and comedian John Fugelsang will develop and host a primetime show for Current TV. The announcement was made during a live broadcast of Talking Liberally: The Stephanie Miller Show conducted at the TCA summer press tour. The show, which will tackle the political and cultural issues of the day with Fugelsang’s perspective that include taking in the Christian Right, is slated to premiere in the fall. In the meanwhile, Fugelsang will continue to appear on the network as guest host and as commentator. Fugelsang, known for getting Mitt Romney’s advisor to call Mitt an “Etch-a-Sketch,” has guest hosted for several Current TV programs including The War Room with Jennifer Granholm, Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer and Talking Liberally. “John’s been a part of the Current family for a while now and we see just how much his voice resonates with our audience,” Current TV Chairman Al Gore said.
Current TV To Launch Primetime Show Hosted By Comedian John Fugelsang
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'