Commentator and comedian John Fugelsang will develop and host a primetime show for Current TV. The announcement was made during a live broadcast of Talking Liberally: The Stephanie Miller Show conducted at the TCA summer press tour. The show, which will tackle the political and cultural issues of the day with Fugelsang’s perspective that include taking in the Christian Right, is slated to premiere in the fall. In the meanwhile, Fugelsang will continue to appear on the network as guest host and as commentator. Fugelsang, known for getting Mitt Romney’s advisor to call Mitt an “Etch-a-Sketch,” has guest hosted for several Current TV programs including The War Room with Jennifer Granholm, Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer and Talking Liberally. “John’s been a part of the Current family for a while now and we see just how much his voice resonates with our audience,” Current TV Chairman Al Gore said.
Current TV To Launch Primetime Show Hosted By Comedian John Fugelsang
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Says Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo