Commentator and comedian John Fugelsang will develop and host a primetime show for Current TV. The announcement was made during a live broadcast of Talking Liberally: The Stephanie Miller Show conducted at the TCA summer press tour. The show, which will tackle the political and cultural issues of the day with Fugelsang’s perspective that include taking in the Christian Right, is slated to premiere in the fall. In the meanwhile, Fugelsang will continue to appear on the network as guest host and as commentator. Fugelsang, known for getting Mitt Romney’s advisor to call Mitt an “Etch-a-Sketch,” has guest hosted for several Current TV programs including The War Room with Jennifer Granholm, Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer and Talking Liberally. “John’s been a part of the Current family for a while now and we see just how much his voice resonates with our audience,” Current TV Chairman Al Gore said.
Current TV To Launch Primetime Show Hosted By Comedian John Fugelsang
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets