Fox 21, the cable division of 20th Century Fox TV, has signed writer/playwright Craig Wright to an overall deal. Under the pact, he will create projects of his own and supervise other writers. Wright, an Emmy-nominated writer of HBO’s Six Feet Under and creator of ABC’s Dirty Sexy Money, most recently created the MTV drama series Underemployed, which premieres Oct. 16. Wright ran the series in its first season, and the deal with Fox 21 will allow him to remain involved in the show, if it is renewed, while creating and running shows for the studio. “At Fox 21 we tend to go after very, very high-level writers you don’t normally see making these deals, and Craig is one of them,” said Fox 21 president Bert Salke. WME-repped Wright’s series credits also include Brothers & Sisters, Lost and United States Of Tara. He remains active in theater too. His play Grace, will open on Broadway in October with Paul Rudd, Michael Shannon and Ed Asner starring.
Craig Wright Signs Overall Deal With Fox 21
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention