Fox 21, the cable division of 20th Century Fox TV, has signed writer/playwright Craig Wright to an overall deal. Under the pact, he will create projects of his own and supervise other writers. Wright, an Emmy-nominated writer of HBO’s Six Feet Under and creator of ABC’s Dirty Sexy Money, most recently created the MTV drama series Underemployed, which premieres Oct. 16. Wright ran the series in its first season, and the deal with Fox 21 will allow him to remain involved in the show, if it is renewed, while creating and running shows for the studio. “At Fox 21 we tend to go after very, very high-level writers you don’t normally see making these deals, and Craig is one of them,” said Fox 21 president Bert Salke. WME-repped Wright’s series credits also include Brothers & Sisters, Lost and United States Of Tara. He remains active in theater too. His play Grace, will open on Broadway in October with Paul Rudd, Michael Shannon and Ed Asner starring.
Craig Wright Signs Overall Deal With Fox 21
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…
- Jimmy Kimmel Skewers President Elect’s Domestic Policy With ‘Trump On A Stump’
- ‘Shameless’ Emmy Rossum’s Salary Demands Vs. Television’s Parity Rule