Fox 21, the cable division of 20th Century Fox TV, has signed writer/playwright Craig Wright to an overall deal. Under the pact, he will create projects of his own and supervise other writers. Wright, an Emmy-nominated writer of HBO’s Six Feet Under and creator of ABC’s Dirty Sexy Money, most recently created the MTV drama series Underemployed, which premieres Oct. 16. Wright ran the series in its first season, and the deal with Fox 21 will allow him to remain involved in the show, if it is renewed, while creating and running shows for the studio. “At Fox 21 we tend to go after very, very high-level writers you don’t normally see making these deals, and Craig is one of them,” said Fox 21 president Bert Salke. WME-repped Wright’s series credits also include Brothers & Sisters, Lost and United States Of Tara. He remains active in theater too. His play Grace, will open on Broadway in October with Paul Rudd, Michael Shannon and Ed Asner starring.
Craig Wright Signs Overall Deal With Fox 21
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation