UPDATED: A class action lawsuit was filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Comcast Corp, Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal Media, Universal Studios, Universal City Studios. The lead plaintiff was a dishwasher in Universal’s commissarry until 2010. The suit is alleging California Labor Code violations over a 4-year period including failure to pay overtime or provide required meal and rest periods. It also alleges unpaid and illegally calculated overtime compensation, failure to pay minimum wage, and numerous other unfair and unlawful practices. The class includes current and former non-exempt employees. You can read the lawsuit here.
Comcast, NBCU And Universal Studios Sued For Alleged Labor & Pay Violations
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero