UPDATED: A class action lawsuit was filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Comcast Corp, Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal Media, Universal Studios, Universal City Studios. The lead plaintiff was a dishwasher in Universal’s commissarry until 2010. The suit is alleging California Labor Code violations over a 4-year period including failure to pay overtime or provide required meal and rest periods. It also alleges unpaid and illegally calculated overtime compensation, failure to pay minimum wage, and numerous other unfair and unlawful practices. The class includes current and former non-exempt employees. You can read the lawsuit here.
Comcast, NBCU And Universal Studios Sued For Alleged Labor & Pay Violations
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest Film News
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Super Bowl Trailer
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ Super Bowl Trailer: No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?
- ‘Deadpool’ Super Bowl Trailer: Snark And Bloodshed