UPDATED: A class action lawsuit was filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Comcast Corp, Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal Media, Universal Studios, Universal City Studios. The lead plaintiff was a dishwasher in Universal’s commissarry until 2010. The suit is alleging California Labor Code violations over a 4-year period including failure to pay overtime or provide required meal and rest periods. It also alleges unpaid and illegally calculated overtime compensation, failure to pay minimum wage, and numerous other unfair and unlawful practices. The class includes current and former non-exempt employees. You can read the lawsuit here.
Comcast, NBCU And Universal Studios Sued For Alleged Labor & Pay Violations
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched