UPDATED: A class action lawsuit was filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Comcast Corp, Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal Media, Universal Studios, Universal City Studios. The lead plaintiff was a dishwasher in Universal’s commissarry until 2010. The suit is alleging California Labor Code violations over a 4-year period including failure to pay overtime or provide required meal and rest periods. It also alleges unpaid and illegally calculated overtime compensation, failure to pay minimum wage, and numerous other unfair and unlawful practices. The class includes current and former non-exempt employees. You can read the lawsuit here.
Comcast, NBCU And Universal Studios Sued For Alleged Labor & Pay Violations
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Disney Swingin' As 'The Jungle Book' Beats $700M Global; 'Captain America: Civil War' Rises To $224.3M Offshore
Latest Film News
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Target In ‘Why We’re Killing Gunther’
- ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’ Sells To S&S Imprint Gallery After Gotham Group Buys Screen Rights
- FilmRise Grabs Global Rights to SXSW Thriller ‘My Father Die’; Kino Lorber’s Sol Y Luna Acquires ‘Lucha Mexico…
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Review: Sex, Seduction, Rock ‘N’ Roll & Naked Stars – Do We Have…
- Dascha Polanco Lands Female Lead In ‘iCreep’; Ingjerd Egeberg Joins ‘Downsizing’