UPDATED: A class action lawsuit was filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Comcast Corp, Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal Media, Universal Studios, Universal City Studios. The lead plaintiff was a dishwasher in Universal’s commissarry until 2010. The suit is alleging California Labor Code violations over a 4-year period including failure to pay overtime or provide required meal and rest periods. It also alleges unpaid and illegally calculated overtime compensation, failure to pay minimum wage, and numerous other unfair and unlawful practices. The class includes current and former non-exempt employees. You can read the lawsuit here.
Comcast, NBCU And Universal Studios Sued For Alleged Labor & Pay Violations
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Rose McGowan Reads Hollywood Missive In Surprise 'Letters Live' NYC Appearance; Joins Benedict Cumberbatch, Edie Falco
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or
- Cannes: Human Stories And World Politics Are Deservedly Big Winners On The Cote d’Azur
- Netflix Gets North Am, Latin Am Rights To Cannes Award-Winners ‘Happy As Lazzaro’ And ‘Girl’
- Jury Prize Winner Nadine Labaki's 'Capernaum' Captures The Reality Of A Life in Hell For Lebanon's Invisible Generation – Cannes…
- Disney Chairman/CEO Bob Iger Tweets Supporting Gun Control In Wake Of Texas Shootings