West Beirut and Lila Says director Ziad Doueiri’s The Attack will have its world premiere in Toronto next month. Cohen Media Group and Focus Features’ alternative distribution arm, Focus World, will jointly handle the film’s North American release in 2013. Cohen will take theatrical, DVD and sales and Focus World will handle all digital media and TV rights. (The film was at one time in development at Focus.) Based on the best-selling book by Yasmina Khadra, the drama focuses on a Palestinian doctor who discovers uncomfortable truths about his wife following a suicide bombing. Doueiri and Joelle Touma wrote the script. Jean Bréhat and Rachid Bouchareb are producers. John Wells also has a producing credit. A 3B production, The Attack is co-produced by Douri Film, UAG, Scope Pictures and Random House Films.
Cohen Media Group, Focus World Take On Toronto Drama 'The Attack'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sundance Respect Rally Start Delayed Due To Weather & Traffic
- ‘Assassination Nation’ Teaser: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, But It Might Be On Instagram
- Jane Fonda Talks Time’s Up, Sundance Docu & Her Fifth Act – Sundance Studio
- How First Time Sundance Director Idris Elba Packed Lessons From His Life Into Jamaican Crime Tale ‘Yardie’
- Terry Crews Talks Sundance Relevance, Today’s Respect Rally & Changing America
- Heart Disease Expert In Sundance Docu ‘The Game Changers’ Begs To Differ With White House Doctor Over Donald…