West Beirut and Lila Says director Ziad Doueiri’s The Attack will have its world premiere in Toronto next month. Cohen Media Group and Focus Features’ alternative distribution arm, Focus World, will jointly handle the film’s North American release in 2013. Cohen will take theatrical, DVD and sales and Focus World will handle all digital media and TV rights. (The film was at one time in development at Focus.) Based on the best-selling book by Yasmina Khadra, the drama focuses on a Palestinian doctor who discovers uncomfortable truths about his wife following a suicide bombing. Doueiri and Joelle Touma wrote the script. Jean Bréhat and Rachid Bouchareb are producers. John Wells also has a producing credit. A 3B production, The Attack is co-produced by Douri Film, UAG, Scope Pictures and Random House Films.
Cohen Media Group, Focus World Take On Toronto Drama 'The Attack'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Saturday AM
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $16M - Friday Matinees
Latest Film News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Targets $60M+; ‘Bad Moms’ Gets Sassy With $26.5M; ‘Nerve’ Holds Steady – Box Office…
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers 3’ Gets Official Title With Temp Name Hung On ‘Avengers 4’
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’