West Beirut and Lila Says director Ziad Doueiri’s The Attack will have its world premiere in Toronto next month. Cohen Media Group and Focus Features’ alternative distribution arm, Focus World, will jointly handle the film’s North American release in 2013. Cohen will take theatrical, DVD and sales and Focus World will handle all digital media and TV rights. (The film was at one time in development at Focus.) Based on the best-selling book by Yasmina Khadra, the drama focuses on a Palestinian doctor who discovers uncomfortable truths about his wife following a suicide bombing. Doueiri and Joelle Touma wrote the script. Jean Bréhat and Rachid Bouchareb are producers. John Wells also has a producing credit. A 3B production, The Attack is co-produced by Douri Film, UAG, Scope Pictures and Random House Films.
Cohen Media Group, Focus World Take On Toronto Drama 'The Attack'
What's Hot on Deadline
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M+ Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi’
- George & Amal Clooney Donate $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
- Vivendi Restructure Brings Together Film & TV Divisions Studiocanal & Canal Plus
- Galway Film Festival Hires William Fitzgerald As Programmer
- Joaquin Phoenix Discovers Another Side To Film Festivals At Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster