West Beirut and Lila Says director Ziad Doueiri’s The Attack will have its world premiere in Toronto next month. Cohen Media Group and Focus Features’ alternative distribution arm, Focus World, will jointly handle the film’s North American release in 2013. Cohen will take theatrical, DVD and sales and Focus World will handle all digital media and TV rights. (The film was at one time in development at Focus.) Based on the best-selling book by Yasmina Khadra, the drama focuses on a Palestinian doctor who discovers uncomfortable truths about his wife following a suicide bombing. Doueiri and Joelle Touma wrote the script. Jean Bréhat and Rachid Bouchareb are producers. John Wells also has a producing credit. A 3B production, The Attack is co-produced by Douri Film, UAG, Scope Pictures and Random House Films.
Cohen Media Group, Focus World Take On Toronto Drama 'The Attack'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘War Machine’ Review: Brad Pitt’s Military Satire For Netflix Lacks Firepower
- Directors Guild Sets 2018 DGA Awards Date & Timeline
- China As Holy Grail & Headache: How It’s Influencing Hollywood Strategy – Deadline Disruptors
- Chinese-Born Filmmaker Ann Hu On ‘Confetti’ And What Hollywood Needs To Know
- Vin Diesel Escapes ‘xXx’ Sequel “Sham” Case From Ex-Biz Partner
- Oliver Stone Goes Face To Face With Putin: “You’ll See A Different Point Of View” — Deadline Disruptors