West Beirut and Lila Says director Ziad Doueiri’s The Attack will have its world premiere in Toronto next month. Cohen Media Group and Focus Features’ alternative distribution arm, Focus World, will jointly handle the film’s North American release in 2013. Cohen will take theatrical, DVD and sales and Focus World will handle all digital media and TV rights. (The film was at one time in development at Focus.) Based on the best-selling book by Yasmina Khadra, the drama focuses on a Palestinian doctor who discovers uncomfortable truths about his wife following a suicide bombing. Doueiri and Joelle Touma wrote the script. Jean Bréhat and Rachid Bouchareb are producers. John Wells also has a producing credit. A 3B production, The Attack is co-produced by Douri Film, UAG, Scope Pictures and Random House Films.
Cohen Media Group, Focus World Take On Toronto Drama 'The Attack'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Mockingjay Part I' Wings Way To $67.5M After 3-Days: Int'l Box Office Update
- Thai Exhibitor Pulls 'Mockingjay' As Coup Protesters Resurface Salute: Update
- China's 'Gone With The Bullets' Fires Up $20M In Advance Ticket Sales: Report
- 'Woman In Black 2 Angel Of Death' Haunts Eel Marsh House: Hot Trailer
- Veteran Warner Bros Japan Chief Bill Ireton To Leave Company
- 'The Commune' & '13 Minutes' Scoop Multiple-Territory Sales; BIFAs Honor Emma Thompson: Global Showbiz Briefs