The exhibition chain has been receiving crisis management advice from Abernathy MacGregor Group, and continues to stick by its strategy of refusing to publicly discuss last month’s shootings at a Cinemark-owned theater in Aurora or the fallout from it. In a conference call with analysts this morning, CEO Tim Warner thanked officials and ordinary citizens who helped during and after the shootings — but said he wouldn’t discuss it further “out of respect to the victims and their families.” The company framed the issue the same way when it told analysts on the call to “please refrain from asking questions” about the matter. They followed instructions and didn’t inquire about one of the most important issues involving Cinemark and the exhibition industry. Separately, The Denver Post reported this morning that the chain declined to say whether there was an alarm that was disabled on the rear door that the accused shooter, James Holmes, used to enter the theater.
Cinemark Still Won't Address Aurora Questions And Its Fallout
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…