Following CTV’s live coverage of the London Olympics’ closing ceremony, the Canadian network aired a sneak preview of Charlie Sheen’s Anger Management, which drew 2.9 million viewers to become the most-watched debut of any new series on Canadian television this broadcast year (September 2011 to date), posting the No.1 August series audience on record. But despite its big lead-in, Anger Management could not match last fall’s season premiere of Two And A Half Men introducing Sheen’s replacement on the show, Ashton Kutcher, which drew 5 million viewers on CTV. In adults 18-49, Anger Management‘s debut averaged 1.3 million viewers. In the U.S., Sheen’s new sitcom has had a solid 10-episode first-season run on FX and is nearing a 90-episode renewal.
Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Opens Solidly In Canada After Olympics Closer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot