Following CTV’s live coverage of the London Olympics’ closing ceremony, the Canadian network aired a sneak preview of Charlie Sheen’s Anger Management, which drew 2.9 million viewers to become the most-watched debut of any new series on Canadian television this broadcast year (September 2011 to date), posting the No.1 August series audience on record. But despite its big lead-in, Anger Management could not match last fall’s season premiere of Two And A Half Men introducing Sheen’s replacement on the show, Ashton Kutcher, which drew 5 million viewers on CTV. In adults 18-49, Anger Management‘s debut averaged 1.3 million viewers. In the U.S., Sheen’s new sitcom has had a solid 10-episode first-season run on FX and is nearing a 90-episode renewal.
Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Opens Solidly In Canada After Olympics Closer
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates