Following CTV’s live coverage of the London Olympics’ closing ceremony, the Canadian network aired a sneak preview of Charlie Sheen’s Anger Management, which drew 2.9 million viewers to become the most-watched debut of any new series on Canadian television this broadcast year (September 2011 to date), posting the No.1 August series audience on record. But despite its big lead-in, Anger Management could not match last fall’s season premiere of Two And A Half Men introducing Sheen’s replacement on the show, Ashton Kutcher, which drew 5 million viewers on CTV. In adults 18-49, Anger Management‘s debut averaged 1.3 million viewers. In the U.S., Sheen’s new sitcom has had a solid 10-episode first-season run on FX and is nearing a 90-episode renewal.
Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Opens Solidly In Canada After Olympics Closer
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- DC Digital Service To Launch With ‘Titans’ Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And ‘Young Justice: Outsiders…
- ‘Powerless’ Pulled From NBC Schedule
- WGA Contract Talks Resume Today After Hiatus
- NBA Awards Tipping Off In June On TNT
- Jason Jones & Samantha Bee’s ‘The Detour’ Renewed For Season 3 By TBS
- Apple Music Delays Release Of ‘Carpool Karaoke: The Series’