Football starts on CBS on September 9 and today CBS Sports announced its on-air roster for the upcoming NFL season. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will once again lead the charge for the network with The NFL On CBS on Sundays. Additionally Greg Gumbel will call games along with Dan Dierdorf, as will Ian Eagle with Dan Fouts and Marv Albert with Rich Gannon. Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots, Bill Macatee and Steve Tasker and Steve Beuerlein and Spero Dedes will offer play-by-play and analysis as well. Randy Cross and Don Criqui, who were among last year’s pairings, were not among today’s names for the 2012 season. James Brown will anchor the in-studio pre-game The NFL Today show with reporter Lesley Visser and analysts Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe and Bill Cowher. This season will see something new as Jason La Canfora joins The NFL Today as the “NFL Insider.” The 2012 NFL season will mark the 53rd year of CBS airing National Football League games and the 45th year of The NFL Today on the network. Super Bowl XLVII is scheduled to be broadcast on CBS on February 3, 2013 from New Orleans.
CBS Sports Names NFL Broadcasting Teams For Upcoming Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa