CBS has put into development Island Practice, a drama from Mystic Pizza and Beethoven writer Amy Holden Jones. The project, produced by 20th Century Fox TV, Imagine TV and 3 Arts Entertainment, is based on the book Island Practice: Cobblestone Rash, Underground Tom, and Other Adventures Of A Nantucket Doctor by Pam Belluck, which tells the true story of colorful, contrarian doctor Dr. Timothy Lepore who has worked in the upscale island retreat since the 1980s. The TV project, which has received a script commitment, will center on an eccentric maverick who practices medicine on an island off the coast of Seattle using tactics that are frequently as controversial as they are heroic. Jones will write and will executive produce with Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo and 3 Arts’s Oly Obst. Lepore serves as consultant.
CBS Buys Medical Drama Based On Book 'Island Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- Team USA Strikes 1st Curling Gold But Olympics Ratings Slide To 2018 Low
- ‘The Blacklist’ Star Megan Boone Says Her FBI Character Will “Never Carry An Assault Rifle Again”
- ‘The Bachelor’ Star Chris Soules Denied Appeal On Fatal Iowa Accident
- Pilot Season 2018: Breakthrough For Female Directors, Modest Gains In Director Diversity
- 'Three Rivers': John Larroquette To Star In ABC Family Comedy Pilot
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97