CBS has put into development Island Practice, a drama from Mystic Pizza and Beethoven writer Amy Holden Jones. The project, produced by 20th Century Fox TV, Imagine TV and 3 Arts Entertainment, is based on the book Island Practice: Cobblestone Rash, Underground Tom, and Other Adventures Of A Nantucket Doctor by Pam Belluck, which tells the true story of colorful, contrarian doctor Dr. Timothy Lepore who has worked in the upscale island retreat since the 1980s. The TV project, which has received a script commitment, will center on an eccentric maverick who practices medicine on an island off the coast of Seattle using tactics that are frequently as controversial as they are heroic. Jones will write and will executive produce with Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo and 3 Arts’s Oly Obst. Lepore serves as consultant.
CBS Buys Medical Drama Based On Book 'Island Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Cavaliers’ Win Scores NBA Playoffs Ratings Victory, ‘Beat Shazam’ Solid
- NBC’s Lester Holt Wins May Sweep In Demo; ABC’s David Muir Dominates In Total Viewers
- ‘This Is Us’ Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
- Summer Premiere Dates For New & Returning Series: 2017 Edition
- Donald Trump Applauds Win As Greg Gianforte Apologizes For “Response” To “Liberal Journalist” Trumpcare…
- Red Nose Day Actually: ‘Love Actually’ Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More