CBS has put into development Island Practice, a drama from Mystic Pizza and Beethoven writer Amy Holden Jones. The project, produced by 20th Century Fox TV, Imagine TV and 3 Arts Entertainment, is based on the book Island Practice: Cobblestone Rash, Underground Tom, and Other Adventures Of A Nantucket Doctor by Pam Belluck, which tells the true story of colorful, contrarian doctor Dr. Timothy Lepore who has worked in the upscale island retreat since the 1980s. The TV project, which has received a script commitment, will center on an eccentric maverick who practices medicine on an island off the coast of Seattle using tactics that are frequently as controversial as they are heroic. Jones will write and will executive produce with Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo and 3 Arts’s Oly Obst. Lepore serves as consultant.
CBS Buys Medical Drama Based On Book 'Island Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- David Fincher Shepherding HBO Comedy About 1980s Music Video Industry
- David Fincher & James Ellroy Developing 1950s Los Angeles Drama For HBO
- Barbie Kligman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- 'Survivor' Finale On Par, 'Hell's Kitchen' Closer Slips From Last Season
- Amber West To Star In Jerrod Carmichael NBC Comedy Pilot
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of A Call Girl' Creator