CBS has put into development Island Practice, a drama from Mystic Pizza and Beethoven writer Amy Holden Jones. The project, produced by 20th Century Fox TV, Imagine TV and 3 Arts Entertainment, is based on the book Island Practice: Cobblestone Rash, Underground Tom, and Other Adventures Of A Nantucket Doctor by Pam Belluck, which tells the true story of colorful, contrarian doctor Dr. Timothy Lepore who has worked in the upscale island retreat since the 1980s. The TV project, which has received a script commitment, will center on an eccentric maverick who practices medicine on an island off the coast of Seattle using tactics that are frequently as controversial as they are heroic. Jones will write and will executive produce with Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo and 3 Arts’s Oly Obst. Lepore serves as consultant.
CBS Buys Medical Drama Based On Book 'Island Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
John Skipper Resigns As ESPN President; Admits Substance Abuse Problem; George Bodenheimer New Acting Chairman
Latest TV News
- Geoffrey C. Ward, Ken Burns’ Write-Hand Man, To Receive WGA East Career Honor
- Showtime Sets Premiere Date For Animated ‘Our Cartoon President’ From Stephen Colbert: Watch The Trailer
- Casting Society Issues Open Call To Performers With Disabilities
- TNT Acquires Off-Network Rights To CBS’ ‘NCIS: New Orleans’
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall ’18 Broadcast Syndication Launch
- Amazon Passes On All 3 Pilots From Fall 2017 Pilot Season: ‘Sea Oak’, ‘Love You More’ & ‘The Climb…