CBS has put into development Island Practice, a drama from Mystic Pizza and Beethoven writer Amy Holden Jones. The project, produced by 20th Century Fox TV, Imagine TV and 3 Arts Entertainment, is based on the book Island Practice: Cobblestone Rash, Underground Tom, and Other Adventures Of A Nantucket Doctor by Pam Belluck, which tells the true story of colorful, contrarian doctor Dr. Timothy Lepore who has worked in the upscale island retreat since the 1980s. The TV project, which has received a script commitment, will center on an eccentric maverick who practices medicine on an island off the coast of Seattle using tactics that are frequently as controversial as they are heroic. Jones will write and will executive produce with Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo and 3 Arts’s Oly Obst. Lepore serves as consultant.
CBS Buys Medical Drama Based On Book 'Island Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Trailer Unveiled At Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Departing ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner On Peter Capaldi, Jodie Whittaker, More ‘Sherlock’ & ‘Dracula…
- Where Are Next ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘Ready Player One’? Future Franchise Candidates
- ‘Supernatural’: Legendary Band Kansas Makes Surprise Appearance At Hall H, Cast Talks Lucky Season 13…
- ‘Wayward Sisters’: The CW Spinoff Adds ‘Supernatural’ Trio & Newcomer To Cast
- Female BBC Staffers Tell Boss To Close Gender Pay Gap Now In Open Letter