The Carlyle Group has teamed with Getty Images management to acquire Getty Images from Hellman & Friedman in a deal valued at $3.3B. Carlyle will acquire a controlling stake in Getty Images, while Getty Images Co-Founder and Chairman Mark Getty and the Getty family will roll substantially all of their ownership interests into the transaction, according to a joint statement. Getty Images management, including Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Klein, will also invest significant equity in the company. “We are delighted to collaborate with Carlyle, with its formidable pedigree and success, and take the business into its next phase of development and growth,” said Jonathan Klein, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Getty Images. Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries as a creator and distributor of still images, video and multimedia products and other forms of premium digital content.
Carlyle Group Acquires Getty Images
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'