The fire at Tyler Perry’s studio complex broke out Monday morning on the roof of a three-story building that was undergoing repairs. Atlanta Fire Rescue Capt. Marian McDaniel tells The Associated Press that investigators determined the cause was careless smoking and no criminal charges are pending. There was no structural damage and no injuries. Another fire broke out in May at the 30-acre complex, seriously damaging a backlot facade. The cause of that fire remains undetermined because the intensity of the blaze consumed any evidence that could pinpoint a cause. The 200,000-square-foot studio, which opened in 2008, is home to sets, sound stages and a 400-seat theater.
Careless Smoking Caused Fire At Tyler Perry's Atlanta Studio Investigators Say
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest Film News
- Jim G In Play: Legendary, Sony, Warner Bros.?
- Al Gore Stays Mute On Donald Trump At ‘Inconvenient Sequel’ Sundance Screening
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Weekend Premiere And Press Junket Cancelled Amid Video Controversy
- ‘American Paradise’ Trailer: Sundance Short Is Crime Caper Preview Of Trump’s America
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Trailer Voice-Over Talent Anthony Mendez Joins Protest, Donates All Pay to ASPCA
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film