The fire at Tyler Perry’s studio complex broke out Monday morning on the roof of a three-story building that was undergoing repairs. Atlanta Fire Rescue Capt. Marian McDaniel tells The Associated Press that investigators determined the cause was careless smoking and no criminal charges are pending. There was no structural damage and no injuries. Another fire broke out in May at the 30-acre complex, seriously damaging a backlot facade. The cause of that fire remains undetermined because the intensity of the blaze consumed any evidence that could pinpoint a cause. The 200,000-square-foot studio, which opened in 2008, is home to sets, sound stages and a 400-seat theater.
Careless Smoking Caused Fire At Tyler Perry's Atlanta Studio Investigators Say
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?