The fire at Tyler Perry’s studio complex broke out Monday morning on the roof of a three-story building that was undergoing repairs. Atlanta Fire Rescue Capt. Marian McDaniel tells The Associated Press that investigators determined the cause was careless smoking and no criminal charges are pending. There was no structural damage and no injuries. Another fire broke out in May at the 30-acre complex, seriously damaging a backlot facade. The cause of that fire remains undetermined because the intensity of the blaze consumed any evidence that could pinpoint a cause. The 200,000-square-foot studio, which opened in 2008, is home to sets, sound stages and a 400-seat theater.
Careless Smoking Caused Fire At Tyler Perry's Atlanta Studio Investigators Say
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’