EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Don Johnson, getting him at a time when he is poised for a big resurgence. Johnson had the Comic-Con crowd in the palm of his hand during Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained panel, when he explained that the inspiration for the Southern drawl of his Big Daddy plantation owner character was Foghorn Leghorn. Johnson has a big role in that film, and most recently starred in five episodes of HBO’s Eastbound And Down, and for his work in Robert Rodriguez’s Machete. Johnson, who most recently had been at Gersh (which did a damn good job), continues to be managed by Untitled and lawyered by Bill Sobel.
CAA Signs Don Johnson
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- ‘Phantom Thread’ Composer Jonny Greenwood On Writing Music Reynolds Woodcock Would Appreciate
- Diane Warren & Melissa Leo Among L.A. Italia Festival Honorees
- The Black List & Women In Film Set Writers, Mentors For Inaugural Feature Lab
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz
- Oscars: A Look At The Nominees For Best Animated Feature Film
- Vanessa Hudgens, Katheryn Winnick & Matt Lucas Join Mads Mikkelsen In The Action-Thriller ‘Polar’