EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Don Johnson, getting him at a time when he is poised for a big resurgence. Johnson had the Comic-Con crowd in the palm of his hand during Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained panel, when he explained that the inspiration for the Southern drawl of his Big Daddy plantation owner character was Foghorn Leghorn. Johnson has a big role in that film, and most recently starred in five episodes of HBO’s Eastbound And Down, and for his work in Robert Rodriguez’s Machete. Johnson, who most recently had been at Gersh (which did a damn good job), continues to be managed by Untitled and lawyered by Bill Sobel.
CAA Signs Don Johnson
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Sunday AM Update
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office
- Fox Searchlight Wins ‘Keeper Of The Diary’ Spec On Heroic Effort To Publish Anne Frank’s Work