EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Don Johnson, getting him at a time when he is poised for a big resurgence. Johnson had the Comic-Con crowd in the palm of his hand during Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained panel, when he explained that the inspiration for the Southern drawl of his Big Daddy plantation owner character was Foghorn Leghorn. Johnson has a big role in that film, and most recently starred in five episodes of HBO’s Eastbound And Down, and for his work in Robert Rodriguez’s Machete. Johnson, who most recently had been at Gersh (which did a damn good job), continues to be managed by Untitled and lawyered by Bill Sobel.
CAA Signs Don Johnson
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'