EXCLUSIVE: The Book Of Mormon on Broadway broke the house record of the Eugene O’Neill Theatre for the 39th time for the week ending August 19, with a gross of $1,651,064.00. While that is a big number for a theater with less than 1100 seats, there the musical just keeps topping itself. The show simultaneously broke new ground by cracking the house record at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, where the first National Tour opened last night. Colorado is the stomping grounds of South Park and its creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and it is the first stop of the show’s national expansion. For the same week ending August 19 (when the show was in previews), the musical turned in a gross of $1,340,947.00 for the week.
'Book Of Mormon' Breaks Another House Record On Broadway, And One In Denver
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest Film News
- SXSW 2017 Ramping Up With Speakers Including Jill Soloway
- ‘47 Meters Down’: Freestyle Snaps Up Pic From Dimension Films
- Alibaba Pictures Launching $300 Million Investment Fund
- Redbox Owner To Be Bought By Private Equity Group For $1.6B
- AMC Theatres Blinks: Raises Carmike Offer Ahead Of Shareholder Vote
- Chinese Authorities Crack Down On Online News Reporting