EXCLUSIVE: The Book Of Mormon on Broadway broke the house record of the Eugene O’Neill Theatre for the 39th time for the week ending August 19, with a gross of $1,651,064.00. While that is a big number for a theater with less than 1100 seats, there the musical just keeps topping itself. The show simultaneously broke new ground by cracking the house record at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, where the first National Tour opened last night. Colorado is the stomping grounds of South Park and its creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and it is the first stop of the show’s national expansion. For the same week ending August 19 (when the show was in previews), the musical turned in a gross of $1,340,947.00 for the week.
'Book Of Mormon' Breaks Another House Record On Broadway, And One In Denver
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
Latest Film News
- ‘Burden’ Creatives & Cast Speak On The Film’s Universal “Story Of Hope”…
- ‘Monster’ Director Anthony Mandler Reteams With Bron For ‘Man Of Cloth’ – Sundance
- ‘Lizzie’ Director Craig William Macneill Set To Helm ‘She’s Never Coming Back’
- Sophia Bush, Jonathan Banks & Isabella Rossellini Join ‘Incredibles 2’
- Aneesh Chaganty Looked To The Computer Screen As A Canvas For ‘Search’ — Sundance Studio
- ‘What They Had’ Sundance Clip: Hilary Swank, Michael Shannon, Robert Forster & Blythe Danner In…