EXCLUSIVE: The Book Of Mormon on Broadway broke the house record of the Eugene O’Neill Theatre for the 39th time for the week ending August 19, with a gross of $1,651,064.00. While that is a big number for a theater with less than 1100 seats, there the musical just keeps topping itself. The show simultaneously broke new ground by cracking the house record at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, where the first National Tour opened last night. Colorado is the stomping grounds of South Park and its creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and it is the first stop of the show’s national expansion. For the same week ending August 19 (when the show was in previews), the musical turned in a gross of $1,340,947.00 for the week.
'Book Of Mormon' Breaks Another House Record On Broadway, And One In Denver
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update