EXCLUSIVE: The Book Of Mormon on Broadway broke the house record of the Eugene O’Neill Theatre for the 39th time for the week ending August 19, with a gross of $1,651,064.00. While that is a big number for a theater with less than 1100 seats, there the musical just keeps topping itself. The show simultaneously broke new ground by cracking the house record at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, where the first National Tour opened last night. Colorado is the stomping grounds of South Park and its creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and it is the first stop of the show’s national expansion. For the same week ending August 19 (when the show was in previews), the musical turned in a gross of $1,340,947.00 for the week.
'Book Of Mormon' Breaks Another House Record On Broadway, And One In Denver
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The Contenders…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind The…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The Contenders…