EXCLUSIVE: The Book Of Mormon on Broadway broke the house record of the Eugene O’Neill Theatre for the 39th time for the week ending August 19, with a gross of $1,651,064.00. While that is a big number for a theater with less than 1100 seats, there the musical just keeps topping itself. The show simultaneously broke new ground by cracking the house record at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, where the first National Tour opened last night. Colorado is the stomping grounds of South Park and its creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and it is the first stop of the show’s national expansion. For the same week ending August 19 (when the show was in previews), the musical turned in a gross of $1,340,947.00 for the week.
'Book Of Mormon' Breaks Another House Record On Broadway, And One In Denver
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners – Complete…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies