Wasting no time, BBC Three has commissioned a one-hour documentary on the July 20 Aurora, Colorado shootings that took the lives of 12 people during a Dark Knight Rises screening. British production house Mentorn Media will produce The Batman Shootings. Presenter Amal Fashanu, known to UK audiences for exploring homophobia in British soccer, will speak with survivors and look at the issue of gun control in the US. Steve Anderson, who is exec producing the doc, said in a statement: “Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora – and even this weekend the shootings at the Sikh Temple in Milwaukee in which seven people were killed – the list of gun massacres in the USA grows ever longer. America is mainly split on the issue of gun controls – this film concentrates on what young people there think should happen now”. Mentorn’s credits include Ricky Gervais’ An Idiot Abroad for Sky and HBO documentary For Neda. The Batman Shootings will air in the UK on August 23.
BBC Three Commissions Aurora Tragedy Documentary 'The Batman Shootings'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Interstellar, Penguins of Madagascar China Face Off
- Potential 'Rupert' Actors Shunning Plum Role Fearing Murdoch, Play Producer Says
- Ethan Hawke To Play Chet Baker In Trumpeter Biopic 'Born To Be Blue' – AFM
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment…
- Luc Besson's EuropaCorp Closes $450M Credit Facility, Triples Financing Ability
- Joshua Oppenheimer's 'The Look Of Silence' Documentary: Hot Trailer