As part of BBC America’s Supernatural Saturday, the net will air the first Doctor Who episode of season 7 at 9 PM ET on Sept 1. The show will also debut in the UK on BBC One about 7 hours earlier. The new series of five standalone segments kicks off with Asylum Of The Daleks, “an absolute belter,” according to star Matt Smith. Credited as the most ambitious Who season yet, episodes were shot on location in New York and Spain. Showrunner Steven Moffat – who’s also the co-creator of the BBC’s Sherlock – says, “Location shooting at this level is such a blast of fresh air for the show – wide open spaces and wide open skies. It’s easy to say ‘movie scale’ but that really is what we’re delivering.” Season 6 of Doctor Who was the most watched series ever on BBC America.
BBC America Sets Day-And-Date Return Of 'Doctor Who' On Sept 1
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ‘Urban Cowboy’ Drama Series In Development At Fox
- The Big Bang Theory STEM Scholarship Set At UCLA
- ‘MasterChef’ Ratings Rise, ‘Briefcase’ Debut Tops Viewership, ‘500 Questions’ Dips
- Trevor Noah Takes Over ‘The Daily Show’ On September 28
- Bradley Cooper, Taylor Schilling Will Present On Tony Telecast – But What About Tommy Tune?
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?