As part of BBC America’s Supernatural Saturday, the net will air the first Doctor Who episode of season 7 at 9 PM ET on Sept 1. The show will also debut in the UK on BBC One about 7 hours earlier. The new series of five standalone segments kicks off with Asylum Of The Daleks, “an absolute belter,” according to star Matt Smith. Credited as the most ambitious Who season yet, episodes were shot on location in New York and Spain. Showrunner Steven Moffat – who’s also the co-creator of the BBC’s Sherlock – says, “Location shooting at this level is such a blast of fresh air for the show – wide open spaces and wide open skies. It’s easy to say ‘movie scale’ but that really is what we’re delivering.” Season 6 of Doctor Who was the most watched series ever on BBC America.
BBC America Sets Day-And-Date Return Of 'Doctor Who' On Sept 1
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High