As part of BBC America’s Supernatural Saturday, the net will air the first Doctor Who episode of season 7 at 9 PM ET on Sept 1. The show will also debut in the UK on BBC One about 7 hours earlier. The new series of five standalone segments kicks off with Asylum Of The Daleks, “an absolute belter,” according to star Matt Smith. Credited as the most ambitious Who season yet, episodes were shot on location in New York and Spain. Showrunner Steven Moffat – who’s also the co-creator of the BBC’s Sherlock – says, “Location shooting at this level is such a blast of fresh air for the show – wide open spaces and wide open skies. It’s easy to say ‘movie scale’ but that really is what we’re delivering.” Season 6 of Doctor Who was the most watched series ever on BBC America.
BBC America Sets Day-And-Date Return Of 'Doctor Who' On Sept 1
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor