Barnes & Noble says it will bring its Nook e-readers and digital content to the United Kingdom this fall, marking the first time the company will expand its business internationally. The products will be available through a new online storefront http://www.nook.co.uk beginning in mid-October. Barnes & Noble says the products also will be offered through partnerships with leading retailers expected to be announced shortly. “We are proud to be able to offer our top-rated line of NOOK reading devices and our award-winning digital bookstore to the discerning and highly educated consumers in the UK,” said William J. Lynch, Chief Executive Officer at Barnes & Noble. “We’re confident our award-winning technology, combined with our expansive content – including books, children’s books, magazines, apps, movies and more – will bring UK customers the option they’ve been waiting for.” The company says further product, pricing and availability details will be announced in the coming weeks.
Barnes & Noble Says Nook Coming To UK In October
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC