EXCLUSIVE: Joss Whedon already is set to write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers sequel which now will follow first Iron Man 3, then Thor 2, then Captain America 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014. The Avengers 2 date is now May 1, 2015. The Avengers so far has grossed $1.46 billion worldwide. Whedon just signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015 that includes developing a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe. Disney CEO Bob Iger made a point of announcing the Whedon deal news at a recent earnings call. Disney continues to make the most out of its $4 billion acquisition of the Marvel superhero factory.
'Avengers 2' Now Dated For May 1, 2015 – EXCLUSIVE
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Embraces $89M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update