EXCLUSIVE: Joss Whedon already is set to write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers sequel which now will follow first Iron Man 3, then Thor 2, then Captain America 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014. The Avengers 2 date is now May 1, 2015. The Avengers so far has grossed $1.46 billion worldwide. Whedon just signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015 that includes developing a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe. Disney CEO Bob Iger made a point of announcing the Whedon deal news at a recent earnings call. Disney continues to make the most out of its $4 billion acquisition of the Marvel superhero factory.
'Avengers 2' Now Dated For May 1, 2015 – EXCLUSIVE
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- Tim Blake Nelson Boards ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Uncork’d Entertainment & Lantern Lane Entertainment Acquire L.A. Film Festival Drama ’20 Weeks’
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $190M+ Second Global Weekend
- Amazon Studios Lands Alafair Burke Novel ‘The Wife,’ A Thriller In #MeToo Moment
- Brad Weston’s Makeready Lands Jessica Barry Thriller Novel ‘Freefall’, Latest In Slate-Building Deal Flurry
- Cinemark Shares Rise On Strong Earnings Results