EXCLUSIVE: Joss Whedon already is set to write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers sequel which now will follow first Iron Man 3, then Thor 2, then Captain America 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014. The Avengers 2 date is now May 1, 2015. The Avengers so far has grossed $1.46 billion worldwide. Whedon just signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015 that includes developing a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe. Disney CEO Bob Iger made a point of announcing the Whedon deal news at a recent earnings call. Disney continues to make the most out of its $4 billion acquisition of the Marvel superhero factory.
'Avengers 2' Now Dated For May 1, 2015 – EXCLUSIVE
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners