EXCLUSIVE: Joss Whedon already is set to write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers sequel which now will follow first Iron Man 3, then Thor 2, then Captain America 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014. The Avengers 2 date is now May 1, 2015. The Avengers so far has grossed $1.46 billion worldwide. Whedon just signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015 that includes developing a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe. Disney CEO Bob Iger made a point of announcing the Whedon deal news at a recent earnings call. Disney continues to make the most out of its $4 billion acquisition of the Marvel superhero factory.
'Avengers 2' Now Dated For May 1, 2015 – EXCLUSIVE
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List