EXCLUSIVE: Dermot Mulroney is heading to Oklahoma. Joining the cast of August: Osage County, the actor will be going to the state this fall to start filming on the John Wells-directed film. Mulroney will play Steve in the adaptation of Tracy Letts’ 2008 Pulitzer Prize winning family clan play. Steve is the not-quite-who-he-seems businessman fiancé of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter of the family. Juliette Lewis plays Karen. August: Osage County reunites Mulroney with his My Best Friend’s Wedding co-star Julia Roberts. The Oscar winning actress plays Barbara, the daughter of Violet, played by Meryl Streep. Abigail Breslin plays Barbara’s disgruntle daughter, Jean. Margo Martindale recently joined the film too as Violet’s sister Mattie Fae. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian, Steve Traxler and Claire Rudnick Polstein. The Weinstein Co. is financing and distributing August: Osage County. Mulroney is repped by WME and attorney Barry Tyemann.
'August: Osage County' Signs Up Dermot Mulroney
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Still Rusty At $63M+; ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars Past $300M – Saturday AM Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension