This ranks among the largest intellectual property awards on record even though it’s far below Apple’s request for more than $2.5 billion. The federal jury in San Jose today found that Samsung Electronics Co infringed on six Apple patents and awarded $1.05 billion in damages, according to news reports. The jury also found that Samsung willfully infringed five of the seven Apple patents at issue in the trial and upheld the validity of all seven Apple patents. The jury also found that Apple did not infringe on any of Samsung’s patents and awarded Samsung no damages. Apple shares rallied in after-hours trading after the verdict was read.
Apple Stock Price Up After Winning $1B Award In Samsung Patent Infringement
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Holiday B.O. Explosion: 'Five Armies' Storms Into Theaters, Seizes $90M+ Over Five Days - Sunday B.O. Update
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- Mike Myers' Dr. Evil Advises Sony, Kim Jong Un On 'SNL'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists