This ranks among the largest intellectual property awards on record even though it’s far below Apple’s request for more than $2.5 billion. The federal jury in San Jose today found that Samsung Electronics Co infringed on six Apple patents and awarded $1.05 billion in damages, according to news reports. The jury also found that Samsung willfully infringed five of the seven Apple patents at issue in the trial and upheld the validity of all seven Apple patents. The jury also found that Apple did not infringe on any of Samsung’s patents and awarded Samsung no damages. Apple shares rallied in after-hours trading after the verdict was read.
Apple Stock Price Up After Winning $1B Award In Samsung Patent Infringement
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks