This ranks among the largest intellectual property awards on record even though it’s far below Apple’s request for more than $2.5 billion. The federal jury in San Jose today found that Samsung Electronics Co infringed on six Apple patents and awarded $1.05 billion in damages, according to news reports. The jury also found that Samsung willfully infringed five of the seven Apple patents at issue in the trial and upheld the validity of all seven Apple patents. The jury also found that Apple did not infringe on any of Samsung’s patents and awarded Samsung no damages. Apple shares rallied in after-hours trading after the verdict was read.
Apple Stock Price Up After Winning $1B Award In Samsung Patent Infringement
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…