This ranks among the largest intellectual property awards on record even though it’s far below Apple’s request for more than $2.5 billion. The federal jury in San Jose today found that Samsung Electronics Co infringed on six Apple patents and awarded $1.05 billion in damages, according to news reports. The jury also found that Samsung willfully infringed five of the seven Apple patents at issue in the trial and upheld the validity of all seven Apple patents. The jury also found that Apple did not infringe on any of Samsung’s patents and awarded Samsung no damages. Apple shares rallied in after-hours trading after the verdict was read.
Apple Stock Price Up After Winning $1B Award In Samsung Patent Infringement
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot