This ranks among the largest intellectual property awards on record even though it’s far below Apple’s request for more than $2.5 billion. The federal jury in San Jose today found that Samsung Electronics Co infringed on six Apple patents and awarded $1.05 billion in damages, according to news reports. The jury also found that Samsung willfully infringed five of the seven Apple patents at issue in the trial and upheld the validity of all seven Apple patents. The jury also found that Apple did not infringe on any of Samsung’s patents and awarded Samsung no damages. Apple shares rallied in after-hours trading after the verdict was read.
Apple Stock Price Up After Winning $1B Award In Samsung Patent Infringement
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Steve Mnuchin Says He Has Not Been Questioned By FBI About Relativity; Accused Of Tax Tricks With 'Avatar' At Confirmation Hearing - Update
Latest Film News
- Sundance 2017: $6 Mill Grateful Dead Docu Deal? Will Streaming Services Drive Deal Avalanche?
- ‘Kuso’ Trailer: George Clinton-Starring Sundance Pic Gets Weird & Funky
- Chris Columbus’ 1492 Sues Investor Ocean Blue For Fraud Over Lack Of Payments
- ‘An Inconvenient Sequel’ Gets Midsummer Release From Paramount
- ‘The Last Word’ Sundance Clip: Shirley MacLaine Schools Amanda Seyfried On ABCs Of Obituaries
- Ben Mendelsohn, Edie Falco & Thomas Mann Head To Nicole Holofcener’s ‘The Land Of Steady Habits’ For Netflix…