In her first interaction with Matt Lauer since her ouster from NBC’s Today show in June, Ann Curry introduced her report on Australian photographer Adam Pretty during the show’s second hour. But the former co-host did not banter with Lauer or anyone else on the Today team. There was a lot of talk at the time of her departure about the anchor-at-large Curry covering the Olympics for Today, but her return on the 14th day of the Games came considerably later than expected. Lauer said “nice to see you” at the beginning of the segment and “good to see you” at the end but Curry did not exactly reply in kind. You can watch below Curry’s full video on Pretty, who is photographing his fifth Summer Olympics. Curry, whose initial return to work was reporting on the Colorado movie theater shootings, also is expected to appear during coverage of Sunday’s closing ceremonies.
Curry's 1st 'Today' With Lauer Since Ouster
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films