The second season premiere of AMC’s Hell On Wheels last night drew 2.5 million total viewers; 793,000 of them in the 18-49 demographic; 1 million in 25-54. That was down from the series’ first season opener (4.3 million) and closer (2.9 million). The period Western was hit with a double whammy as it aired against the closing ceremony of the London Olympics at a time when AMC’s viewership continues to suffer from the lack of carriage on Dish Network. Add to that the fact that Hell On Wheels is a self starter this time around vs. airing behind hit The Walking Dead last season and that its ratings declined for most of its freshman season, and the drop is not that surprising but still alarming for the drama’s long-term prospects if it follows a ratings trajectory similar to Season 1.
AMC's 'Hell On Wheels' Lower In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Legal Guardian Backs Actress' Sexual Assault Claims, Calls Joel Kramer "Pedophile" - Update
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Eliza Dushku Accuses 'True Lies' Stunt Coordinator Of Sexual Assault; Mother, Brother Support - Update
Latest TV News
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- ‘Girlfriends’ Phyllis Logan, Miranda Richardson Discuss Industry Ageism – Or Not – TCA
- Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams “Reprehensible Smokescreen” – Update
- How To Reach Young Millennials? The Studios & TV Networks Can Find 47M Of Them On Snapchat – TCA
- Undaunted By Syndication Slump, NATPE Boosts International, Reality, Local TV
- Comedy Central Boss On Future Of ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ & ‘The President Show’