After more than 25 years with ABC News, Senior Executive Producer Jon Banner is leaving the network and the news business for a job with PepsiCo as SVP of global strategy and planning. Banner, who first joined ABC News as an assistant in 1989, spent eight years as executive producer of ABC World News. He stepped down from the helm of the daily newscast in September 2011 for a division-wide role as Senior Executive Producer in charge of the network’s special projects while continuing to oversee ABC’s political coverage. At the end of last year, he also took oversight of This Week as executive producer. In light of Banner’s departure, Senior Executive Producer Marc Burstein has been charged with leading ABC News’ political coverage and special events and until a new executive producer is named, Burstein also will assume that role on This Week.
ABC News Veteran Jon Banner To Depart
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC