After more than 25 years with ABC News, Senior Executive Producer Jon Banner is leaving the network and the news business for a job with PepsiCo as SVP of global strategy and planning. Banner, who first joined ABC News as an assistant in 1989, spent eight years as executive producer of ABC World News. He stepped down from the helm of the daily newscast in September 2011 for a division-wide role as Senior Executive Producer in charge of the network’s special projects while continuing to oversee ABC’s political coverage. At the end of last year, he also took oversight of This Week as executive producer. In light of Banner’s departure, Senior Executive Producer Marc Burstein has been charged with leading ABC News’ political coverage and special events and until a new executive producer is named, Burstein also will assume that role on This Week.
ABC News Veteran Jon Banner To Depart
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Cancels 'Working the Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' For Second Season
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC