After more than 25 years with ABC News, Senior Executive Producer Jon Banner is leaving the network and the news business for a job with PepsiCo as SVP of global strategy and planning. Banner, who first joined ABC News as an assistant in 1989, spent eight years as executive producer of ABC World News. He stepped down from the helm of the daily newscast in September 2011 for a division-wide role as Senior Executive Producer in charge of the network’s special projects while continuing to oversee ABC’s political coverage. At the end of last year, he also took oversight of This Week as executive producer. In light of Banner’s departure, Senior Executive Producer Marc Burstein has been charged with leading ABC News’ political coverage and special events and until a new executive producer is named, Burstein also will assume that role on This Week.
ABC News Veteran Jon Banner To Depart
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…