As the title suggests, the hourlong dramedy is set in New York City. It centers on a mother and daughter who team up as amateur sleuths. Highlighting the complex dynamic and humor of a mother/daughter relationship, they balance their day jobs and regular lives with solving crimes on the side. Maggenti, Reynolds and Loeb executive produce with DarkFire’s two other principals, Jonathon Komack Martin and Steven Pearl. The project falls outside of Dark TV’s first-look deal at 20th Century Fox TV. Under that deal, the CAA-repped company recently set up two comedy projects at Fox: a live-action half-hour from writers Matt Manfredi and Phil Hay and an animated show from writers Mark Torgove & Paul Kaplan and Ash Brannon. Maggenti, repped by Paradigm and Madhouse Entertainment, co-wrote the upcoming Dirty Dancing feature reboot. Her TV credits include 90210 and Without A Trace.
ABC Buys Mother-Daughter Gumshoe Dramedy Produced By Ryan Reynolds
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC
- 'Longmire' Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere