As the title suggests, the hourlong dramedy is set in New York City. It centers on a mother and daughter who team up as amateur sleuths. Highlighting the complex dynamic and humor of a mother/daughter relationship, they balance their day jobs and regular lives with solving crimes on the side. Maggenti, Reynolds and Loeb executive produce with DarkFire’s two other principals, Jonathon Komack Martin and Steven Pearl. The project falls outside of Dark TV’s first-look deal at 20th Century Fox TV. Under that deal, the CAA-repped company recently set up two comedy projects at Fox: a live-action half-hour from writers Matt Manfredi and Phil Hay and an animated show from writers Mark Torgove & Paul Kaplan and Ash Brannon. Maggenti, repped by Paradigm and Madhouse Entertainment, co-wrote the upcoming Dirty Dancing feature reboot. Her TV credits include 90210 and Without A Trace.
ABC Buys Mother-Daughter Gumshoe Dramedy Produced By Ryan Reynolds
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- Imagine Announces $100M TV Production Venture With China’s TVB
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA