The numbers in an SEC filing this evening are amazing — even if they don’t approach the astronomical outlays we so frequently see at Big Media companies including Viacom, Discovery, Disney, and News Corp. Yahoo’s new CEO will receive a base salary of $1M, an annual bonus targeted at $2M based on Yahoo’s financial performance, an equity award for 2012 of $6M (vesting over three years), and a $6M stock option (vesting over 2 and a half years). There’s also a one-time retention award with $15M in restricted stock that vests over five years, plus a $15M performance-based stock option vesting over 4 and a half years. To partially compensate Mayer “for forfeiture of compensation from her previous employer” Yahoo is giving her restricted stock worth $14M that will vest through 2014. Mayer will get 20 vacation days a year, up to $25,000 to reimburse her for the legal expenses incurred for the agreement, as well as $50,000 a year to pay for security. She’d better watch out, though. “Ms. Mayer’s bonuses and equity grants will be subject to the Company’s ‘clawback’ policies as in effect from time to time” the document says.
Yahoo Offered $59M Package To Lure Marissa Mayer From Google
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession