The numbers in an SEC filing this evening are amazing — even if they don’t approach the astronomical outlays we so frequently see at Big Media companies including Viacom, Discovery, Disney, and News Corp. Yahoo’s new CEO will receive a base salary of $1M, an annual bonus targeted at $2M based on Yahoo’s financial performance, an equity award for 2012 of $6M (vesting over three years), and a $6M stock option (vesting over 2 and a half years). There’s also a one-time retention award with $15M in restricted stock that vests over five years, plus a $15M performance-based stock option vesting over 4 and a half years. To partially compensate Mayer “for forfeiture of compensation from her previous employer” Yahoo is giving her restricted stock worth $14M that will vest through 2014. Mayer will get 20 vacation days a year, up to $25,000 to reimburse her for the legal expenses incurred for the agreement, as well as $50,000 a year to pay for security. She’d better watch out, though. “Ms. Mayer’s bonuses and equity grants will be subject to the Company’s ‘clawback’ policies as in effect from time to time” the document says.
Yahoo Offered $59M Package To Lure Marissa Mayer From Google
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…