EXCLUSIVE: Wes Craven and Steve Niles have teamed for the graphic novel Coming Of Rage and a possible movie adaptation too. The Nightmare On Elm Street and Scream director created the upcoming comic, and Niles, who wrote the graphic novels 30 Days Of Night and Wake The Dead, wrote it. Live Free Or Die Hard producer Arnold Rifkin and Liquid Comics CEO Sharad Devarajan are developing a feature film version of Rage with Craven. Though no details are available on the comic or the film, it is pretty clear that there’ll be a healthy dose of horror, blood and suspense. Coming Of Rage is the first publication in Craven and Rifkin’s partnership with Liquid Comics, announced in 2010. It will be released by Liquid in 2013 as both a five-issue comic series and a graphic novel. Liquid Comics plans to have additional digital elements for iPads and iPhones to compliment the publication. Craven is repped by WME and Industry Entertainment.
Wes Craven & Steve Niles Bringing 'Coming Of Rage' To Comic Stores & Big Screen
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Patten
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NFL Preseason Preemptions Tackle Primetime
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand
- Warner Bros. Slams “Unauthorized” 'Gilligan's Island' Copyright Lawsuit