Warner Bros confirmed this evening it has moved Gangster Squad from September 7 to January 11, 2013. The delay will allow filmmakers to excise a shootout scene that takes place in a movie theater, due to the Aurora, Colorado tragedy at a midnight Thursday screening of The Dark Knight Rises. An alternate murder spree scene will be shot that does not take place in a movie theater. The six months of breathing room should help return the focus to the L.A. mob storyline.
It's Official: WB Confirms Moving 'Gangster Squad' To Jan. 11, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- 'Casting JonBenet' Trailer: Director Kitty Green Revisits Murder Case Using Local Talent
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’