Warner Bros has acquired screen rights to the novel Beautiful Disaster, with Donald De Line producing. In the Jamie McGuire novel, a young girl named Abby Abernathy tries to overcome a dark past by reinventing herself in college. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.
Warner Bros Acquires 'Beautiful Disaster'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- No. 9 ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned