Warner Bros has acquired screen rights to the novel Beautiful Disaster, with Donald De Line producing. In the Jamie McGuire novel, a young girl named Abby Abernathy tries to overcome a dark past by reinventing herself in college. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.
Warner Bros Acquires 'Beautiful Disaster'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- Focus Features Acquires Lenny Abrahamson’s ‘The Little Stranger’ – Cannes
- Dina Merrill Has Died At 93; American Heiress, ‘BUtterfield 8’ Actress And Philanthropist Was Quintessence…
- Hollywood Remembers Roger Moore: “A Wonderful Actor & Lovely Man”
- Annabelle Wallis Tapped For ‘Tag’; Jeremy Renner, Ed Helms Comedy From New Line
- Roger Moore, Iconic James Bond Actor, Dies Aged 89
- Manchester Attack: Cannes Film Festival Holds Minute Of Silence & Cancels Fireworks; ‘Cars 3’ Event…