The Walking Dead is coming back for a third season October 14 producer Glen Mazzara announced today. It will debut internationally the next day. The news came early in the AMC show’s panel at Comic-Con. The panel started off with The Walking Dead comic creator and series producer Robert Kirkman and fellow producers Gale Anne Hurd and Mazzara discussing the new season. “We open on a scene of I can’t tell you,” joked Kirkman. A short preview of the upcoming season was played to cheers for the packed Hall H. Season 3 sees the introduction of the Governor character from the comics and takes a dark show even darker. David Morrissey plays the Guv, and came out onstage with series stars Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Stephen Yeun, Norman Reedus and Laurie Holden after the preview played. New addition Danai Gurira, who was introduced as Michonne at the end of season two also joined the group. Not that any of them could tell the fans much. “We can’t say anything other than generic things,” joked Yeun about what to expect in season three. Morrissey won over the crowd with his own fanboyism and how being at Comic-Con is “a dream come true.” Like The Big Bang Theory did earlier in the day, The Walking Dead offered a prize to a fan. In this case, a female fan will come into the series’ effects studio to have a zombie mask cast of her head to use in the show. The panel ended today with an encore screening of the season three preview.
Comic-Con: 'Walking Dead' Season 3 Premiere Is October 14
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline