The Vladar Company and American Media, Inc. have teamed up to pump some iron. The production company and the publishing company are working together on an as-yet-untitled bodybuilding film. The docudrama will follow the world’s leading bodybuilders, like Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Branch Warren and Dennis Wolf, as they train and compete to win the Mr. Olympia title. Vlad Yudin will direct the film, Yudin and his Vladar partner Edwin Mejia will produce. Jerome Gary, Damon Bingham and America Media, Inc. CEO David J. Pecker will executive produce. Gary produced 1977’s Pumping Iron, which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, who had won several Mr. Olympias, and Lou Ferrigno. The Vladar Company is currently in post-production on the thriller Catskill Park and working on an adaptation of the Head Smash graphic novel with Arcana Comics.
Vladar Company & American Media Inc Plan Mr. Olympia Docudrama
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Patten
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit
- MPAA Hits “Shameful” Google Over Sony Hacking Revelations – Update
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members