The Vladar Company and American Media, Inc. have teamed up to pump some iron. The production company and the publishing company are working together on an as-yet-untitled bodybuilding film. The docudrama will follow the world’s leading bodybuilders, like Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Branch Warren and Dennis Wolf, as they train and compete to win the Mr. Olympia title. Vlad Yudin will direct the film, Yudin and his Vladar partner Edwin Mejia will produce. Jerome Gary, Damon Bingham and America Media, Inc. CEO David J. Pecker will executive produce. Gary produced 1977’s Pumping Iron, which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, who had won several Mr. Olympias, and Lou Ferrigno. The Vladar Company is currently in post-production on the thriller Catskill Park and working on an adaptation of the Head Smash graphic novel with Arcana Comics.
Vladar Company & American Media Inc Plan Mr. Olympia Docudrama
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Trailer: Holden Caulfield Gets His Bookish Moment
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Comic-Con: Noah Hawley Developing ‘Doctor Doom’ Movie For Fox
- ‘Dunkirk’ Review: Christopher Nolan Makes A Film About War That Hitchcock Would Have Loved