The Vladar Company and American Media, Inc. have teamed up to pump some iron. The production company and the publishing company are working together on an as-yet-untitled bodybuilding film. The docudrama will follow the world’s leading bodybuilders, like Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Branch Warren and Dennis Wolf, as they train and compete to win the Mr. Olympia title. Vlad Yudin will direct the film, Yudin and his Vladar partner Edwin Mejia will produce. Jerome Gary, Damon Bingham and America Media, Inc. CEO David J. Pecker will executive produce. Gary produced 1977’s Pumping Iron, which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, who had won several Mr. Olympias, and Lou Ferrigno. The Vladar Company is currently in post-production on the thriller Catskill Park and working on an adaptation of the Head Smash graphic novel with Arcana Comics.
Vladar Company & American Media Inc Plan Mr. Olympia Docudrama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest