The Vladar Company and American Media, Inc. have teamed up to pump some iron. The production company and the publishing company are working together on an as-yet-untitled bodybuilding film. The docudrama will follow the world’s leading bodybuilders, like Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Branch Warren and Dennis Wolf, as they train and compete to win the Mr. Olympia title. Vlad Yudin will direct the film, Yudin and his Vladar partner Edwin Mejia will produce. Jerome Gary, Damon Bingham and America Media, Inc. CEO David J. Pecker will executive produce. Gary produced 1977’s Pumping Iron, which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, who had won several Mr. Olympias, and Lou Ferrigno. The Vladar Company is currently in post-production on the thriller Catskill Park and working on an adaptation of the Head Smash graphic novel with Arcana Comics.
Vladar Company & American Media Inc Plan Mr. Olympia Docudrama
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations