It was a good morning for Good Morning America on Friday. The ABC show beat out rival Today in the ratings, one day after Today’s Ann Curry tearfully exited the show after over a year as co-host and 14 years on the morning show. Scoring its best numbers of the week, GMA pulled in 398,000 more viewers overall than Today on June 29. Because Curry was already scheduled to be off Friday, the end of the week was Today’s first day with new co-host Savannah Guthrie; Guthrie officially joins Matt Lauer and the rest of the Today team July 9. Today had the upper hand in the 25-54 demo by 97,000 viewers, but among women 25-54 it was GMA that took the lead by 4,000.
Viewer Backlash Over Ann Curry's Ouster? 'GMA' Beats 'Today' on Friday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series