It was a good morning for Good Morning America on Friday. The ABC show beat out rival Today in the ratings, one day after Today’s Ann Curry tearfully exited the show after over a year as co-host and 14 years on the morning show. Scoring its best numbers of the week, GMA pulled in 398,000 more viewers overall than Today on June 29. Because Curry was already scheduled to be off Friday, the end of the week was Today’s first day with new co-host Savannah Guthrie; Guthrie officially joins Matt Lauer and the rest of the Today team July 9. Today had the upper hand in the 25-54 demo by 97,000 viewers, but among women 25-54 it was GMA that took the lead by 4,000.
Viewer Backlash Over Ann Curry's Ouster? 'GMA' Beats 'Today' on Friday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book