It was a good morning for Good Morning America on Friday. The ABC show beat out rival Today in the ratings, one day after Today’s Ann Curry tearfully exited the show after over a year as co-host and 14 years on the morning show. Scoring its best numbers of the week, GMA pulled in 398,000 more viewers overall than Today on June 29. Because Curry was already scheduled to be off Friday, the end of the week was Today’s first day with new co-host Savannah Guthrie; Guthrie officially joins Matt Lauer and the rest of the Today team July 9. Today had the upper hand in the 25-54 demo by 97,000 viewers, but among women 25-54 it was GMA that took the lead by 4,000.
Viewer Backlash Over Ann Curry's Ouster? 'GMA' Beats 'Today' on Friday
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- ‘The Blacklist’ Adds Leon Rippy; Phylicia Rashad Joins ‘Empire’