It was a good morning for Good Morning America on Friday. The ABC show beat out rival Today in the ratings, one day after Today’s Ann Curry tearfully exited the show after over a year as co-host and 14 years on the morning show. Scoring its best numbers of the week, GMA pulled in 398,000 more viewers overall than Today on June 29. Because Curry was already scheduled to be off Friday, the end of the week was Today’s first day with new co-host Savannah Guthrie; Guthrie officially joins Matt Lauer and the rest of the Today team July 9. Today had the upper hand in the 25-54 demo by 97,000 viewers, but among women 25-54 it was GMA that took the lead by 4,000.
Viewer Backlash Over Ann Curry's Ouster? 'GMA' Beats 'Today' on Friday
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18