The Venice Film Festival has announced the artists who will make up the competition jury under president Michael Mann for the 69th running of the event. They are: Serbian artist and performer Marina Abromovic, the recipient of a 1997 Golden Lion; French actress and model Laetitia Casta; Hong Kong producer and director Peter Ho-Sun Chan; Israeli director and screenwriter Ari Folman, whose Waltz With Bashir was nominated for an Oscar in 2008; Franco/Swiss helmer Ursula Meier, the winner of a Silver Bear in Berlin this year for Sister; British actress Samantha Morton, a two-time Oscar nominee, Argentine director and producer Pablo Trapero, whose White Elephant was an Un Certain Regard title at Cannes this year and two-time Cannes Grand Prix winner, Italy’s Matteo Garrone. The festival runs Aug 29-Sept 8.
Samantha Morton, Ari Folman, Laetitia Casta Among Venice Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts