The Venice Film Festival has announced the artists who will make up the competition jury under president Michael Mann for the 69th running of the event. They are: Serbian artist and performer Marina Abromovic, the recipient of a 1997 Golden Lion; French actress and model Laetitia Casta; Hong Kong producer and director Peter Ho-Sun Chan; Israeli director and screenwriter Ari Folman, whose Waltz With Bashir was nominated for an Oscar in 2008; Franco/Swiss helmer Ursula Meier, the winner of a Silver Bear in Berlin this year for Sister; British actress Samantha Morton, a two-time Oscar nominee, Argentine director and producer Pablo Trapero, whose White Elephant was an Un Certain Regard title at Cannes this year and two-time Cannes Grand Prix winner, Italy’s Matteo Garrone. The festival runs Aug 29-Sept 8.
Samantha Morton, Ari Folman, Laetitia Casta Among Venice Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Film News
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- ‘Furious 8’ Director Shortlist Down To Last Few
- ‘Kilo Two Bravo’ Director & Writer Ink With Verve
- Matthew McConaughey To Present Reese Witherspoon With American Cinematheque Honor
- ‘Castle’s Tamala Jones Producing Tammi Terrell Biopic