The Venice Film Festival has announced the artists who will make up the competition jury under president Michael Mann for the 69th running of the event. They are: Serbian artist and performer Marina Abromovic, the recipient of a 1997 Golden Lion; French actress and model Laetitia Casta; Hong Kong producer and director Peter Ho-Sun Chan; Israeli director and screenwriter Ari Folman, whose Waltz With Bashir was nominated for an Oscar in 2008; Franco/Swiss helmer Ursula Meier, the winner of a Silver Bear in Berlin this year for Sister; British actress Samantha Morton, a two-time Oscar nominee, Argentine director and producer Pablo Trapero, whose White Elephant was an Un Certain Regard title at Cannes this year and two-time Cannes Grand Prix winner, Italy’s Matteo Garrone. The festival runs Aug 29-Sept 8.
Samantha Morton, Ari Folman, Laetitia Casta Among Venice Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- Steven Spielberg Shows Off First ‘Ready Player One’ Footage – Comic-Con
- Frank Miller On Why Superhero Movies Are Better Than Ever – The Comic-Con Interview
- ‘Dunkirk’ Flying To $51M; ‘Girls Trip’ Driving To $28M+; ‘Valerian’ Still A Disaster…
- John Heard Dies: ‘Home Alone’ Actor Was 72
- ‘The Gift’: Patrick Stewart, Katie Holmes & Giancarlo Esposito Wrapping In Montreal
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping…