The Venice Film Festival has announced the artists who will make up the competition jury under president Michael Mann for the 69th running of the event. They are: Serbian artist and performer Marina Abromovic, the recipient of a 1997 Golden Lion; French actress and model Laetitia Casta; Hong Kong producer and director Peter Ho-Sun Chan; Israeli director and screenwriter Ari Folman, whose Waltz With Bashir was nominated for an Oscar in 2008; Franco/Swiss helmer Ursula Meier, the winner of a Silver Bear in Berlin this year for Sister; British actress Samantha Morton, a two-time Oscar nominee, Argentine director and producer Pablo Trapero, whose White Elephant was an Un Certain Regard title at Cannes this year and two-time Cannes Grand Prix winner, Italy’s Matteo Garrone. The festival runs Aug 29-Sept 8.
Samantha Morton, Ari Folman, Laetitia Casta Among Venice Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ Trailer: A Super-Close Look At The Hardships Of War