USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Tartaglione
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’
- BAFTA Los Angeles Names Chantal Rickards To New CEO Post
- ‘A Little Chaos': Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet Stroll Versailles Gardens – Trailer
- Amazon Prime In UK Deal For ‘Outlander'; Season 1 To Premiere March 26 – Video
- UK’s Kudos Appoints Diederick Santer, Dan Isaacs As Joint CEOs