USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Latest International News
- BBC Sets Harry Styles Special; Omnia Options ‘Sarong Party Girls’ – Global Briefs
- ‘White Sun’ Is Nepal’s Foreign-Language Oscar Submission
- Oliver Stone To Lead Jury At The Busan International Film Festival
- Universal $3B+ As ‘Despicable’ Franchise Takes Ani Crown; ‘Wolf Warrior 2’ Bests ‘Avatar’ Record – International…
- Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot – Update
- Bruce Forsyth Dies: Brit TV Legend Who “Delighted Millions” Was 89