USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest International News
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- Andrea Riseborough To Star In, Produce Abortion Rights Short ‘The State Of Us’
- ‘Black Panther’ To Pounce Past $500M WW Box Office Today
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Idris Elba Eyes More Directorial Projects Following European Launch Of ‘Yardie’ – Berlin
- ‘The Insult’ Director Ziad Doueiri Overcame Political Controversy To Take Oscar Nod For Best Foreign…