USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Trevor Noah Dismisses Controversial Tweets As Jokes That “Didn’t Land” – Update
- ‘The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared’ Trailer: Centenarians Rule
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Trailer: Tom Hardy In High Gear Across The Wasteland
- Discovery Takes Controlling Interest In Eurosport France
- BBC Unveils New Stephen Poliakoff Drama ‘Close To The Enemy’ With All-Star Cast
- All3Media Confirms Acquisition Of Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions