USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest International News
- Fortitude Runs With Adidas/Puma Origin Story Produced By Andrew Garfield
- Bernardo Bertolucci Says ‘Last Tango In Paris’ Rape Scene Backlash A “Ridiculous Misunderstanding”
- ‘Lion’ Roars With Best Adapted Screenplay Prize At Capri Hollywood Festival
- Why John Key, Resigning As Prime Minister Of New Zealand, Is Like Hugh Grant
- Italian Prime Minister Resigns After Populist Party Led By Former Comedian Wins Referendum
- BBC Earth Films To Screen In China; ITV, Huace In Format Deal – Global Briefs