USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- ‘LoveTrue’ & ‘Bombay Beach’ Director Alma Har’el Signs With WME
- ‘Inferno’ Fires Up $100M+ At International Box Office
- Voltage Pictures Handling Foreign On Tupac Shakur Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ – AFM
- ‘Doctor Strange’ To Cast Spell Over International Box Office – Weekend Preview
- Nat Wolff & Alexander Skarsgård Join Feature Adaptation Of War Doc ‘The Kill Team’
- IM Global Boards Drake Doremus’ Love Story ‘Zoe,’ Starring Charlie Hunnam & Léa Seydoux