USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest International News
- Oscars: ‘Tanna’ Marks First Foreign Language Nomination For Australia
- Ewan McGregor Scraps UK Talk Show Visit Over Piers Morgan Women’s March Barbs
- Alibaba Third-Quarter Revenue Surges 54% To $7.67B
- ‘Sherlock’ Finale Jumps In UK Live+7; BAFTA Calls “Nonsense” On Sun Royals Story…
- Brexit: UK Supreme Court Rules Government Can’t Trigger Without Parliamentary Vote
- Roman Polanski Pulls Out Of César Awards After Outcry From French Women’s Groups