USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Ethan Hawke To Play Chet Baker In Trumpeter Biopic 'Born To Be Blue' – AFM
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment…
- Joshua Oppenheimer's 'The Look Of Silence' Documentary: Hot Trailer
- BAFTA Names Emma Baehr To New Director Of Awards Post
- China Format 'Sing My Song' Going Wide With Universal Music & ITV Studios Global