USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest International News
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- ‘Alice’ Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.7M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $183.4M – Int’l Box…
- Broadway Powerhouse Key Brand Entertainment Raises Curtain On New Name, Mission
- Facebook, Twitter & Others To Combat Hate Speech In Europe; Lars Mikkelsen ‘Rides Upon The Storm’; Paul Hogan Mini…
- Amazon Japan Unveils Ambitious Original Content Slate
- Altitude Acquires Simon Dixon’s ‘Tiger Raid’ For UK And Ireland