USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Berlin Briefs: The Works International Reps ‘Elstree 1976′; Content Media Searches ‘Deep Web'; Sierra/Affinity Visits…
- New President For eOne Films Canada; ‘Built By America Live’ Format Crossing Pond: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Sam Reid Makes Time For ‘2:22′ With Michiel Huisman, Teresa Palmer – Berlin
- Oscar Nominee ‘Ida’ Triggers Hate Debate In Poland, Pawel Pawlikowski Responds
- Noam Murro To Direct Black List Script ‘Blink’ For Atlas Independent – Berlin
- Rhys Ifans Engages In Jake Chapman’s ‘Marriage Of Reason And Squalor’ At Sky