USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Kristin Scott Thomas Crowned Queen For New West End Run Of 'The Audience'
- Wild Bunch Opens Window On Pan-European Digital Distribution: AFM
- Sony Posts Wider Q2 Loss, Beats Estimates On Strong PlayStation4 Sales
- Bette Midler Wings Way To First UK TV Special; ITV To Feature Songs & Sit-Down
- Alex Garland's 'Ex Machina' Gives New Life To Artificial Intelligence: Hot Trailer
- Undaunted, Hong Kong Stars Court China Ire With Occupy Central Support