USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest International News
- Marc Munden To Helm ‘The Secret Garden’ For David Heyman & Studiocanal
- Donald Trump Mansplains Women’s March, Takes Credit For “Milestones”
- ‘Paddington 2’ Sets Rotten Tomatoes Record As Best-Reviewed Movie Ever
- ‘Valerian’ Helps Propel 2017 French Film Exports After Dismal 2016: Unifrance
- Sony Pictures Worldwide Scores ‘Hearts Beat Loud’ Deal For International – Sundance
- Cinedigm Teams With China’s Starrise Media For Distribution And Production