Univision was the No. 1 television network in America among the coveted adults 18-49 and adults 18-34 demos last week — just the third time that has happened. From July 2-8, the Spanish-language net beat CBS by 42%, ABC by 15%, NBC by 7% and Fox by 1% in 18-49. Among 18-34 the spread was more pronounced, with Univision outdelivering CBS by 150%, NBC by 60%, ABC by 57% and Fox by 16%. Last week, the telenovela La Que No Podia Amar was the top Univision show in both demos and the top broadcast show in America at 10 PM. La Que No Podia Amar actually starts airing at 9:59 each weeknight. The 8:58 PM lead-in, telenovela Abismo De Pasion, was No. 2 overall for the week for the network. It topped Adults 18-34 in the 9 PM slot and was number two among Adults 18-49. Granted, it was a week with a lot of repeats on the English-language networks, but it also included the Olympic Trials on NBC and new episodes of ABC’s The Bachelorette and NBC’s America’s Got Talent, among other. It marks the third time the Spanish-language network has topped its English counterparts in the key metrics, each time taking advantage of the summer malaise: Univision was No. 1 in 18-49 and 18-34 the week of August 30-September 5, 2010, and the week of August 29-September 4, 2011.
Univision Topped English-Language Nets Last Week In Key Demos
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins