Univision was the No. 1 television network in America among the coveted adults 18-49 and adults 18-34 demos last week — just the third time that has happened. From July 2-8, the Spanish-language net beat CBS by 42%, ABC by 15%, NBC by 7% and Fox by 1% in 18-49. Among 18-34 the spread was more pronounced, with Univision outdelivering CBS by 150%, NBC by 60%, ABC by 57% and Fox by 16%. Last week, the telenovela La Que No Podia Amar was the top Univision show in both demos and the top broadcast show in America at 10 PM. La Que No Podia Amar actually starts airing at 9:59 each weeknight. The 8:58 PM lead-in, telenovela Abismo De Pasion, was No. 2 overall for the week for the network. It topped Adults 18-34 in the 9 PM slot and was number two among Adults 18-49. Granted, it was a week with a lot of repeats on the English-language networks, but it also included the Olympic Trials on NBC and new episodes of ABC’s The Bachelorette and NBC’s America’s Got Talent, among other. It marks the third time the Spanish-language network has topped its English counterparts in the key metrics, each time taking advantage of the summer malaise: Univision was No. 1 in 18-49 and 18-34 the week of August 30-September 5, 2010, and the week of August 29-September 4, 2011.
Univision Topped English-Language Nets Last Week In Key Demos
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit Down With NY AG As Sale Stalls In Lawsuit
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA
- TLC’s Elvia Van Es Oliva Joins Studio Ramsay To Head U.S. Office
- ‘The Code’ CBS Pilot Casts Phillipa Soo; David Zayas Joins ABC’s ‘Staties’
- ‘The End Of The World As We Know It’: Gage Golightly To Star In the CW Pilot
- ‘Playing Dead’: Tyler Ritter To Star In the CW Drama Pilot