Universal Pictures International (UPI) Russia will handle physical theatrical distribution of Premium Film’s upcoming slate of eight movies in Russia and CIS countries (excluding Ukraine). The announcement was made today by Vadim Ivanov, Managing Director of UPI Russia, and Aram Hovhannisyan, Marketing Director of Premium Film. The first major release will be Jackie Chan’s Chinese Zodiac, the next installment of the Armor of God franchise. Chan starred in, wrote the script, directed and staged all stunts for the film. Chinese Zodiac will be followed by Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Last Stand, his first leading role in his acting comeback. The next major release will be Scary Movie 5. The first four films in the Scary Movie series grossed $800 million at the worldwide box office.
Universal Pictures International Russia Announces Distribution Deal With Premium Film
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company