Setting up its 2013 French release slate, UPI will co-produce and distribute Alexandre Castagnetti’s sophomore feature, Amour Et Turbulences. The Devil’s Double‘s Ludivine Sagnier and The Players‘ Nicolas Bedos star as a volatile former couple who meet up on a NY-Paris flight. Mathieu Robinet and Julien Ralanto at Révérence are producing with Manchester Films and Thelma Films. Shooting starts July 16. UPI has also boarded French-speaking territories on a pair of comedies. Family adventure La Vraie Vie Des Profs is from directors Emmanuel Klotz and Albert Pereira-Lazaro and Persepolis producers Xavier Rigault and Marc-Antoine Robert at 2.4.7. Films. The Intouchables‘ Audrey Fleurot stars with Lucien Jean-Baptiste. A Coup Sur, about a young career woman who sets out to prove she’s the best lover in Paris after some criticism from an ex-boyfriend, is from writer-director Delphine de Vigan. De Vigan wrote last year’s Tu Seras Mon Fils, which UPI also handled. Jean-Pierre Jeunet collaborators Frédéric Brillion and Gilles Legrand at Epithète Films are producing. UPI France is also prepping the October 31 release of Heartbreaker director Pascal Chaumeil’s Un Plan Parfait starring Diane Kruger and Dany Boon. Heartbreaker was a big hit for the distributor, clearing $29.8M at the local box office in 2010.
Universal Pictures International Says Oui To Trio Of French Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'