Setting up its 2013 French release slate, UPI will co-produce and distribute Alexandre Castagnetti’s sophomore feature, Amour Et Turbulences. The Devil’s Double‘s Ludivine Sagnier and The Players‘ Nicolas Bedos star as a volatile former couple who meet up on a NY-Paris flight. Mathieu Robinet and Julien Ralanto at Révérence are producing with Manchester Films and Thelma Films. Shooting starts July 16. UPI has also boarded French-speaking territories on a pair of comedies. Family adventure La Vraie Vie Des Profs is from directors Emmanuel Klotz and Albert Pereira-Lazaro and Persepolis producers Xavier Rigault and Marc-Antoine Robert at 2.4.7. Films. The Intouchables‘ Audrey Fleurot stars with Lucien Jean-Baptiste. A Coup Sur, about a young career woman who sets out to prove she’s the best lover in Paris after some criticism from an ex-boyfriend, is from writer-director Delphine de Vigan. De Vigan wrote last year’s Tu Seras Mon Fils, which UPI also handled. Jean-Pierre Jeunet collaborators Frédéric Brillion and Gilles Legrand at Epithète Films are producing. UPI France is also prepping the October 31 release of Heartbreaker director Pascal Chaumeil’s Un Plan Parfait starring Diane Kruger and Dany Boon. Heartbreaker was a big hit for the distributor, clearing $29.8M at the local box office in 2010.
Universal Pictures International Says Oui To Trio Of French Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group